General Manager - Fine Dining
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all food and beverage operations, serving as the face of this high-end restaurant
- Hire, train, motivate, and develop staff, supervisors, and managers
- Ensure high-quality product and uphold high guest standards
- Ensure all standards, manage financials, and company reporting
- Manage and direct marketing, advertising, and promotions
- 3-5 years of a similar role
- Excellent guest service presence and good communication skills
- A passion for guest service, building sales, and guest loyalty
- Good understanding of managing financials in both front and back of the house
- Has experience in both an independent and corporate environment
General Manager Benefits:
- Base salary of $70K to $85K
- Health insurance package
Recruiting is awesome! It enables me to stay close to the hospitality business (which I love), serving both my guests and clients. I enjoy that wonderful feeling of knowing you have provided excellent, above-and-beyond service.
- Larry Chesner joined Goodwin Recruiting in March of 2017. He grew up in New Jersey as a latch-key kid with two working parents and thus learned to cook at an early age.
- Larry went on to attend Johnson and Wales College in Providence, RI. He earned an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts and a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Food Service Administration.
- Much of Larry’s career was with Interstate Hotels, where he started in F&B, then migrated to rooms operations and General Manager. He helped open several properties during his tenure and worked in Boston, MA; Providence, RI; Corpus Christi, TX; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA and Grand Rapids, MI. This included several brands like Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Wyndham, and independents. Larry also worked for Wyndham Corporation, Lane Hospitality, and National Hospitality Services as an Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Larry has been married for 23 years to Cherie. They have two daughters, Sam (19) and Sarah (15). Larry is a classic foodie; he loves to cook, drink, and learn about food and wine. He enjoys the outdoors, fishing, (crabbing when he gets back to NJ for visits), hiking, and camping. Larry’s favorite nonprofit is “Give Kids the World.”