General Manager-Aerospace Machine shop
Seattle, WA 98144 US
A leading manufacturing company seeks a General Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of its aerospace division. This company has a unique culture and mission and walks the walk when it comes to diversity and inclusion, in terms of empowering individuals through employment. This is an opportunity to transfer your aerospace manufacturing experience towards making an impact in a nonprofit environment.
General Manager-Aerospace Machine Shop Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the division ensuring production, safety schedules, quality, and satisfaction standards are met and exceeded
- Supervision of direct reports and indirect reports
- Oversee and have hands-on awareness of all manufacturing and production activities
- Resolve customer issues when necessary
- Provide direction and decision-making for unplanned issues
- Support the vision of the company by consistent, ongoing communication with staff
- Perform duties in compliance with AS9100/ISO standards
General Manager-Aerospace Machine Shop Qualifications:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of management/supervisory experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- In-depth understanding of aerospace machine shop operations, processes, and quality requirements
- Hands-on experience working with 3-axis, and 4-axis CNC Machining, non-metallic parts machining, complex assemblies, and sheet metal fabrication a plus
- Experience in estimating parts and assemblies for aerospace.
- Excellent Leadership and mentorship skills
General Manager-Aerospace Machine Shop Benefits:
- Comprehensive health including medical, dental, and vision plans
- LTD, STD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Retirement match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Mission-focused company and opportunity to make a significant impact
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Training Coach
Pinnacle Billers Gold Member
I love the thrill of the hunt and have the resiliency to find that perfect fit for candidates. I won’t give up until both parties are truly excited about their new partnership.
- Amy Herrmann joined Goodwin Recruiting in July 2020.
- She brings over 20 years of diverse experiences in corporate, entrepreneurial, and recruiting settings. With her strong background and leadership experiences, she is equipped with the management acumen to be able to expedite the hiring process and put the right candidates for the right positions in front of her clients.
- Prior to partnering with Goodwin, Amy worked in financial services, healthcare executive recruiting, and manufacturing & engineering recruiting.
- Amy moved to Colorado from New Jersey and has two Coloradan-born children — a son who graduated with his Mechanical Engineering degree and a daughter who will be enjoying her final year at the University of Colorado in Boulder.
- Amy loves skiing, long walks with her dog Millie, hiking, and cooking.