General Manager for Fast Paced, High Energy Upscale Restaurant
Boston, MA 02210
Do you have a passion for hospitality? Do you thrive in a high energy, fast-paced, hospitality environments? There is an opening for an experienced general manager to lead a team in the fast-growing and exciting upscale casual concept. The qualified concept will have 5-7 years of progressive management experience with excellent tenure. Those candidates who have experience with live entertainment and multi unti will be considered a plus.
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities
1. Lead the charge in all standards of excellence: communication, training, messaging, perception,
personality, persona, appearance
2. Practice consistency in management standards
3. Develop the culture and identifying management who match: hire slow, smart and strategic
4. Evaluate constantly: FOH to BOH, from artists, guests to staff
5. Provide the team all the tools for success
6. Create new revenue streams: 90-day outlook, marketing strategy & service incentives.
7. Mentor & be mentored: embrace our culture in life - in and out of the building.
8. Communicate to all departments: bridge teams, encourage dialogue, and apply gentle pressure.
9. Seek solutions & approach disruptive behaviors or problems without fear.
General Manager Qualifications
1.Previous experience in upscale casual and fine dining concepts
2.Strong leadership qualities with outstanding service and beverage knowledge
3.Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
4.Excellent written and communication skills
5.Strong attention to detail
6.Proven leadership skills
Salary Range- $85,000-$100,000
I joined Goodwin Recruiting because the culture is second to none and the company core values align with mine. Although I loved every minute of my time in hospitality, here at Goodwin, I have the opportunity to change candidates’ lives in a very profound way. There is no greater feeling than placing a candidate in that perfect position that will afford them professional development and happiness.
- Mitch Marron joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2017, having previously been placed twice by Goodwin Recruiting.
- Mitch has over 25 years of experience as a COO, General Manager, and Executive Chef, predominantly for luxury country clubs within the private club industry. He also has extensive experience in opening restaurants for independent hotels such as Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, independent hotel companies such as Edgewater Management, and major brands such as Hilton and ClubCorp.
- Mitch obtained his B.S. in Hospitality Management from Florida International University.
- In his free time, Mitch is an avid golfer, who loves travel, wine, his wife, Carrie, and 25-year old twins, Brett and Alexis.