Gourmet Food Market Manager
Los Angeles, CA HASH(0x45b7c58)
We need an experienced Gourmet Food Market Manager for our world-class Gourmet Market. In addition to a selection of more than 70 hand-crafted pastries, we sell our own line of pasta sauces, chocolates and a variety of gourmet gifts. We are extremely high volume and are part of an extremely high-volume restaurant.
Gourmet Food Market Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory through coordination with other departments
- Develop a schedule of holiday activities and promotions throughout the year strategically designed to bring in more revenue
- Provide training to improve the knowledge base of the staff and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity when employees are absent
- Work with vendors and manufacturers to bring in effective marketing displays
- Experience with administrative responsibilities: HR, training and coaching, internal and external communication, writing schedules, inventory, etc.
- Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
- Must be legally authorized to work full-time and permanently in the U.S.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or comparable experience
- 7+ years of retail management experience with at least 3 years as a General Manager, Director of Operations or Regional Manager for a Gourmet Market with an extensive pastry department
- Responsibility for at least $8M in retail sales, which must include gourmet food, and a team of around 40 managers and hourly employee
- Computer database and productivity software skills required
- Proven history of successfully training employees
- Strong understanding of sales and customer service techniques
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and work within a budget
- Live in the area and able to easily commute to the job
- Authorized to legally work in the U.S.
- Base salary in the $80, 000 to $100, 000 range
- Bonus potential
- Excellent benefits
- Job growth as we grow