HR Generalist - People Excellence Partner
Greensboro, NC 27408
HR Generalist Responsibilities will include:
- Support leadership and embrace and serve as a role model of company values
- Partner closely with operations and restaurant management to align business objectives with people related initiatives to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, and retention of employees
- Assist with the development and administration of programs, annual reviews, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company
- Assist with the sourcing and selection of employees for both exempt and non-exempt level roles, working with the recruitment team to hire a superior workforce
- Minimum five (5) years of HR experience consisting of two (2) or more years HR Generalist experience consisting of advising managers in areas of conflict resolution, change management, and performance management
- Experience in a field-facing, fast-paced multi-unit (field) organization, preferably restaurant, hospitality, or retail is preferred
- A strong service mindset, collaboration skills, and experience supporting managers across various levels (i.e. senior leadership to front-line)
- Flexibility to meet travel requirements - up to 50% to restaurants and corporate office depending on business needs
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence/manage change, understanding of strategic HR partnership in driving business results
- Patrick McKee joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2015. It’s a move that Patrick wishes he had made a decade earlier.
- Patrick has lived in every part of the United States and even spent a year in Japan in his mid-20’s.
- He started his career working at the original O’Charley’s Restaurant located on 21st Avenue in Nashville, TN. Over the course of the next 30+ years, Patrick spent the majority of his time at the legendary steakhouses of Morton’s and Ruth’s Chris. He also worked for the PGA Tour for six years as the Director of Food & Beverage for TPC Wakefield Plantation in Raleigh, NC.
- Patrick feels that his position with Goodwin Recruiting has allowed him to pursue opportunities to make a difference in his community. It allows him to stay connected to the industry he loves and also pursue interests outside of the industry.