Hotel Banquet Chef / Sous Chef
Boston, MA 02115
Luxury hotel brand is seeking a Banquet Chef / Sous Chef. This position is 60% Banquets and 40% Restaurant.
Luxury hotel experience is required, as is upscale a la carte experience. Opening experience is a plus.
Sous Chef Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate a great team
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy and the ability to collect accurate information to resolve conflicts
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis
- Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings, and maintain communication lines between line staff and front of the house
- 7-10 years of recent experience in a similar role
- Experience in high-volume and luxury brands
- Demonstrate a positive, upbeat, and customer-focused attitude
- You must have a passion for food and people
Sous Chef Benefits
- Excellent base salary
- Excellent benefits package
Recruiting allows me to stay in the hospitality industry that I grew my career in, but not have to be in operations.
- Started with Goodwin Recruiting in September 2008.
- Began in the industry as a bartender and progressed into management.
- Director of Restaurants, Omni Hotels; Director of Food & Beverage, Crowne Plaza Hotels; Director of Catering Operations, Sodexho Marriott Services.
- Member of the Escoffier Society, Boston.
- Phil enjoys cooking and all things food and wine. He also enjoys watching his kids play hockey and soccer.