Hotel Director of Finance
Hunt Valley, MD 21031 US
Full-Service upscale hotel is seeking a Director of Finance / Controller. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a hotel Director of Finance for branded properties. In this role, you will have prior experience reporting to and advising directly with ownership, management, and the onsite operations team. This role will require meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, management, and leadership of the hotel staff accountant.
Hotel Director of Finance Qualifications:
- 4+ years of progressive experience in Hotel Accounting for Full-Service Hotel setting with multiple outlets, 200+ rooms, $12M+ Revenue
- Good tenure in previous positions
- Experience filing and completing regular tax documents
- Ability to see the big picture and the role that Finance plays
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
Hotel Director of Finance Responsibilities:
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Manage accounting team and ensure prompt and accurate full cycle bookkeeping
- Review, approve and complete all balance sheet reconciliation
- Review and submit a Daily Revenue Report.
- Ensure timely deposit of all cash and transmission of Credit Cards.
- Review Labor Report for overtime and any variance to Forecast.
- Advice General Manager and the executive team all financial matters
- Review departmental Checkbooks and advise of any needed changes.
- Distribute and discuss weekly G/L report with department managers.
- Ensure there is sufficient cash to meet all scheduled obligations.
- Prepare month-end and year-end statements
- Prepare annual budget with all department heads
- Prepare and submit all tax payments and filings
- Participate in a year-end outside audit
- Communicate with ownership, management, and onsite leadership
- Ensure the proper execution of payroll
Hotel Director of Finance Benefits:
- Relocation assistance
- Generous financial compensation
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- 401K with Match
- Attainable bonus potential
- Additional benefits
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Training Coach
The best recruiters seek to build strong relationships with candidates and clients long-term. Melissa’s excellent relationship skills create and nurture the relationship between a candidate and a company, acting to benefit both parties, which she believes is crucial to placing candidates in a position that suits them and the employer.
Melissa’s integrity in all she does and personal traits naturally makes her a great recruiter. She listens with great attention to detail, is transparent in her communication, takes a sincere and deep interest in people, and understands their importance. Her reliability to meet the needs of the company and the candidate simultaneously, knowing the future of an organization and a candidate’s lifestyle, hinges on her ability to make smart matches and excellent hires to build teams that deliver results.
Melissa proudly joined the Goodwin team in July of 2021. Over her 20-year career in Hospitality Management at luxury hotels across the country, teaching, leading, and listening to people to understand their needs and help them find success, her mission has always been to be of genuine service to others. Melissa has previously worked and lived in Grand Rapids, MI, Chicago, IL, and Greensboro, NC. She now resides in West Palm Beach, FL, and feels so lucky to walk one mile to the ocean.
Outside of her professional life, Melissa enjoys experimenting in the kitchen with new recipes and researching locations, hotels, and restaurants for her next trip. She also loves being in the great outdoors and is passionate about the environment. She volunteers with the International Coastal Cleanup and is a Blue Friend at the Loggerhead Marinelife Center to keep the beautiful Florida beaches and ocean she lives on clean for all life to enjoy. Her hobbies include sailing, skiing, glamping, gardening, design, and horseback riding.