Hotel Director of Sales - Boutique
Riverside, CA 92501
Director of Sales Requirements:
- Lead the hotel sales efforts by prospecting for new accounts and maintaining existing accounts via in-person meetings, calls, and conferences
- Personal sales volume of at least $1M; more than $2M is preferred to be among the best in our organization
- Experience with Premium and SMERF
- Hotel sales experience in the Inland Empire
- Administer the staffing, training, and performance reviews for the Sales and Catering Departments
- Report on the operation of the Sales and Catering Department, including planning, goals, action steps, tracking, month end reports, etc.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for the development of new marketing strategies
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Minimum of 3-5 years' hotel sales experience to include two years of supervisory experience is required
- Prior hotel Director or Assistant Director experience
- At least an Associate's degree or comparable experience
- Some travel is required
- Base salary plus incentives for an all-in between $75,000 and $90,000, depending on background and experience
- Full benefits include health insurance, 401(k), and vacation time
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.