Hotel Director of Sales
Bismarck, ND 58503
Hotel Director of Sales Responsibilities:
- Solicit and research new group room opportunities and transient business
- Develop/manage productivity plans for outside and inside sales calls
- Assist GM with the revenue management process and ensure sound bookings
- Create, develop, and maintain existing accounts and community network relationships
- Communicate to hotel operating team/provide details on group needs
- Ensure that distribution channels are open when needed
- 2-5 years of hotel sales management experience
- Good understanding of the market
- Big Brand Experience
- Organizational strength and can develop and implement planning activities
- Enthusiastic - Good attitude - Confident in abilities
- Competitive Base Salary ranging from $50,000-$60,000
- Plus achievable Bonus paid monthly - Up to 30% of the base!
- 40-45 week schedule
- Sick days - Vacation days- Paid holidays - equals a total of 3 weeks in just the first year
- Health Insurance Options
Recruiting is awesome! It enables me to stay close to the hospitality business (which I love), serving both my guests and clients. I enjoy that wonderful feeling of knowing you have provided excellent, above-and-beyond service.
- Larry Chesner joined Goodwin Recruiting in March of 2017. He grew up in New Jersey as a latch-key kid with two working parents and thus learned to cook at an early age.
- Larry went on to attend Johnson and Wales College in Providence, RI. He earned an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts and a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Food Service Administration.
- Much of Larry’s career was with Interstate Hotels, where he started in F&B, then migrated to rooms operations and General Manager. He helped open several properties during his tenure and worked in Boston, MA; Providence, RI; Corpus Christi, TX; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA and Grand Rapids, MI. This included several brands like Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Wyndham, and independents. Larry also worked for Wyndham Corporation, Lane Hospitality, and National Hospitality Services as an Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Larry has been married for 23 years to Cherie. They have two daughters, Sam (19) and Sarah (15). Larry is a classic foodie; he loves to cook, drink, and learn about food and wine. He enjoys the outdoors, fishing, (crabbing when he gets back to NJ for visits), hiking, and camping. Larry’s favorite nonprofit is “Give Kids the World.”