Hotel Director of Sales
Minneapolis, MN HASH(0x64f2648)
Rapidly expanding Hospitality Management Group seeks an experienced Director of Sales for Hotel in St. Cloud, MN. This property features over 250 rooms with suites, 10, 000+ sq. Ft. Of Meeting Space and a Restaurant & Bar. Are you looking for a New Home? A place where you and your efforts are appreciated? Where you can continue your professional and personal growth? Then you have found your next career opportunity! Apply now!
The Director of Sales fills a vital role in supporting the hotel s financial goals with the primary responsibility of achieving sales goals by implementing sales and marketing strategies and tactics in assigned markets. This position focuses on generating new business for the hotel as well as effectively managing existing client accounts.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. Must have the ability to provide professional and courteous guest service.
2. Must have good time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
3. Must have good organizational skills, the ability to multitask and strong attention to detail.
4. Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing. Must have demonstrated business communication skills.
5. Must have the ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude when interacting with clients.
6. Must have strong interpersonal leadership skills, the ability to delegate tasks, and set goals.
7. Must have a working knowledge of computers, math skills and the ability to handle monetary transactions.
8. High school diploma or equivalent required; associate degree preferred.
9. One to two years of experience in the hotel industry, business management or similar discipline preferred, but not required.
1. Managing functions include ASSOCIATION market segment.
2. Manages departmental goals to meet and/or exceed daily, weekly, monthly and annual revenue and expense goals outlined in Hotel Budgets and Sales & Marketing Plans.
3. Creates, implements and manages annual Sales and Marketing Plan that supports the overall budget and revenue goals for the hotel.
4. Analyzes market segments and develops sales strategies to capture room night and revenue opportunities.
5. Educates, coaches and communicates with other sales team members, fellow management teams and line associates regarding sales and revenue driven activities.
6. Prospects, qualifies, penetrates and manages business opportunities in assigned markets.
7. Collaborates with the Corporate Director Sales & Marketing, Corporate Director Revenue Management, General Manager, Director of Sales and related departments to create and implement revenue optimization and yield management strategies designed to maximize revenue and meet budget expectations.
8. Develops methods to utilize marketing, social media and local networks to build revenue. Creates strategic plans around the marketing tools utilized to maximize growth. Includes producing marketing materials and attending events or tradeshows to create awareness and promote facilities.
9. Utilizes the CRM database system to track and manage information for existing and prospective clients.
10. Assists all guests/clients in a professional and courteous manner.
11. Supplies necessary reports to the Corporate Director Sales & Marketing, Corporate Director Revenue Management, General Manager and Director of Sales regarding sales productivity within given deadlines as well as completes administrative duties in a timely and organized manner.
12. Maximizes guest room and/or meeting space revenue through negotiations with clients while staying within established guidelines set by management.
13. Builds relationships through community involvement in organizations reviewed and approved by management.
14. Conducts property site tours, taste tests and outside sales calls (including off-site events) as needed to create a trusting relationship with clients. Includes event monitoring as determined by size and type of event.
15. Compiles and records detailed information for events and ensures that all documentation is complete and correct for existing and prospective clients. Ensure that function details are communicated in a timely manner to the appropriate departments for a successful event. Acquires payment method for each contract/group a minimum of 72 hours prior to the event.
16. Communicates information regarding new business accounts, bookings and other pertinent sales information to appropriate departments in an efficient and effective manner.
17. Ensures client satisfaction by following up on booked business in a timely manner to confirm the hotel is meeting the client s needs. Maintains contact with previous clients to determine future business needs.
18. Investigates guest comments as necessary and promptly resolves all issues in conjunction with the General Manager and other pertinent department heads.
19. Seeks information from clients to build stronger relationships and provide them with customized lodging solutions.
20. Understands and applies all hotel safety and security procedures as required to maintain a safe and secure environment for associates and guests.
21. Keeps supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken.
22. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bonus of up to 20% based on achievement of Goals
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Accounts
Holidays - eight (8) paid holidays, including New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day
Paid Time Off