Hotel General Manager
Jackson, MS 39211
We are searching for an established Hotel General Manager in Jackson, MS who will bring a high energy, passion, and a hands-on approach as the leader of this property!
Hotel General Manager Responsibilities:
- Overall Leadership and accountability for the property
- Training, developing, and mentoring of all employees
- Complete financial responsibility through creating budgets, driving revenue, and managing expenses
- Oversees all property appearance and maintenance
Hotel General Manager Qualifications:
- 2+ years' Hotel General Manager experience
- M3 system experience a plus
- Understands food cost/handling/scheduling -- some F&B experience would be a plus
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinker with analytical skills
- Bilingual a plus
Hotel General Manager Benefits and Compensation:
- Salary Range of $55,000 - $65,000 with 25% bonus
- 401k, paid time off plan, and 6 paid holidays
- Excellent health benefits
Senior Recruiter & Coach
Recruiting enables me to stay connected with the industry that I have been involved with my entire life. I remain connected with hospitality without being involved with operations.
- Scott Harrison joined Goodwin Recruiting October 2016.
- He received his Bachelor of Arts from Wake Forest University.
- Scott started in the restaurant industry after graduating, while interviewing for the job he thought was aligned with his college education. He fell in love with the hospitality industry and decide to stay. His experience includes:
- Bennigan’s (12 years) – Server, Bartender, Cook, Assistant Manager, General Manager
- Bristol’s Choice Bar and Grill (3 years) — Owner
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar (21 years) — Senior Vice President of over 45 locations in NC, SC, and GA.
- Throughout his Wake Forest career, he played baseball. There he was a pitcher with a career record of 10-0. This record still stands as the most wins without a loss.
- Presently, Scott is on the Board of Directors and serving a 3-year term as Board Chairman for Make a Wish of SC. He was recognized within Make a Wish with the Rising Star Award in 2016 as the number one turnaround chapter in the system.