Hotel Sales Director
Grand Rapids, MI 49546 US
Hotel Sales Director
A company that focuses on exceptional guest satisfaction and employee relations is looking for a Director of Hotel Sales for a new select service property. As the Director of Sales, you ll be a key team leader responsible for executing sales strategies and maximizing hotel revenues and profitability.
Hotel Sales Director Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of the total sales effort of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and executing sales and marketing strategies.
- Plans and implements ongoing target accounts to develop new business and acquire valuable contacts to generate new revenue.
- Maintains a well-documented, accurate, organized customer profile database to serve clients in the most practical, organized, and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops and maintains marketing plan and sales budget with the General Manager and Director of Regional Sales
- Provides sales training to staff of hotel as applicable
- Participates in Revenue Management strategies using such tools as Star reports, demand analysis, and applicable front office systems
- Schedules and completes sales appointments / Coordinate group, transient, and catering bookings to maximize profits
Hotel Sales Director Qualifications and Benefits:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent hotel sales experience.
- Previous hotel-related experience, sales management experience in hotel or service industry.
- Experience in budgeting and business planning.
- Computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database), automated sales office systems.
- Capability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Able to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Salary based on experience.
- Quarterly Bonus.
- Generous PTO/Vacation program
Recruiter Managing this Job
After spending four decades in restaurant operations, recruiting for Goodwin Recruiting allows me to keep that connection with the industry I love and also continue to impact people and their careers.
- Eric Esterline started working with Goodwin Recruiting in April 2019. Eric says he remembers it well, as it is his brother's (Todd) birthday. Todd has actually been with Goodwin Recruiting for a few years, and due to his great passion for the business, convinced Eric to come on board.
- Originally a Buckeye who grew up in Ohio, Eric left for Chicago for nine years to enter the restaurant business. From Chicago, he ventured on to Michigan for the last almost 20 years! Eric’s a Buckeye in Michigan, who will always represent the Scarlet and Gray!
- The biggest piece of Eric’s career is an 18+ year career with Brinker International and Chili’s. Eric started as a manager and worked up to an Area Director for 15+ years and loved his time there. Eric interviewed, developed, and hired a ton of managers in multi-unit roles – so, joining Goodwin was a great chance to continue that fun and a rewarding part of the hospitality business!
- When he is not looking for great candidates or partnerships, Eric loves to spend time on the golf course, in the RV, or at a sporting event or two. Eric’s wife, Kris, and their two dogs love to hit the road in the RV for the great Michigan summers!