Housekeeping Manager for Upscale Resort
Sanbornton, NH 03269
In the role of Housekeeping Manager, you would be leading the Housekeeping Department to ensure quality standards are met and that Hotel guest rooms are cleaned according to our specific cleaning procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and development of all Housekeeping team Members; including assigning daily work assignments to Room Attendants; delegating responsibilities as needed.
- Ensures the completion of the Housekeeper's report and communicates effectively and proactively with the Front Office
- Manages Team Member's performance to ensure employee meets the Hotel's level of quality; this includes coaching and corrective actions
- Administers yearly performance evaluations and effectively communicates the Hotels expectations
- Inspect the level of cleanliness in guest rooms, storage areas, laundry areas, restrooms, public areas, and all office areas
- Manages department staffing to ensure coverage based on occupancy and other business demands
- Fosters a productive working environment, providing proper support motivation to all team members
- Ability to deliver superior customer service, effectively evaluating priority to guest concerns while applying proper urgency to promptly resolve challenges as they arise.
- Adhere to company and industry standards to ensure compliance
- Knowledgeable of hotel property, amenities, area attractions, and transportation
- Achieves budgeted revenues and expenses; identify areas where the company can maximize the profitability of the Room Division
- Follow company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates
- Responsible for the training of all Housekeeping Team members
- Reports and tracks all lost and found items
- Documents and communicates maintenance requests to the Engineering Department to ensure that the Hotels Quality Service Levels are being met
- Other duties as assigned
- Insist on good housekeeping and enforce the Clean as You Go policy
- Review and be aware of all sections of the Health & Safety manual
- High School Diploma or equivalent and three years in Housekeeping in a Hotel or similar Supervisory experience
The ideal Candidate should possess the following Leadership qualities:
- Ability to lead by example by delivering superior customer service to enhance the guest experience and strive for 100% guest satisfaction whenever possible
- Outgoing personality; excellent oral and presentation skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to make decisions using the best judgment and industry best practices
- Well trained and practiced sales and negotiation skills, both in person and on the telephone
- Ability to speak Spanish (preferred but not required)
- Ability to read and follow instructions accurately
- Detail oriented
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Able to write memos, reports, letters, etc. using correct grammar, spelling, format, and style
- Able to deliver oral reports using visual aids to enhance participant understanding
- Analytical skills are required to interpret data and reports
- Excellent listening skills with appropriate responses
- Effective training skills
- Organized, able to priories tasks to maximize effectiveness
- Able to manage multiple tasks
- Reading and writing abilities are used often in preparing/reviewing contracts, completing RFP s, preparing reports, etc.
- Mathematical and analytical skills such as profit/loss concepts, percentages and variances, and report analysis are used often
I joined Goodwin Recruiting because the culture is second to none and the company core values align with mine. Although I loved every minute of my time in hospitality, here at Goodwin, I have the opportunity to change candidates’ lives in a very profound way. There is no greater feeling than placing a candidate in that perfect position that will afford them professional development and happiness.
- Mitch Marron joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2017, having previously been placed twice by Goodwin Recruiting.
- Mitch has over 25 years of experience as a COO, General Manager, and Executive Chef, predominantly for luxury country clubs within the private club industry. He also has extensive experience in opening restaurants for independent hotels such as Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, independent hotel companies such as Edgewater Management, and major brands such as Hilton and ClubCorp.
- Mitch obtained his B.S. in Hospitality Management from Florida International University.
- In his free time, Mitch is an avid golfer, who loves travel, wine, his wife, Carrie, and 25-year old twins, Brett and Alexis.