Human Resource Director
Rumson, NJ 07760
HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and implement Human Resource programs, policies and procedures.
- Monitor administration to ensure policies, procedures and standards are being adhered too.
- Keep up with changes and inform management of new HR standards.
- Prepare periodic reports for management as necessary.
- Participate in executive, management and company staff meetings, as well as attend other necessary meetings and seminars.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and resolve any and all discrepancies.
- Encourage and train ongoing development of HR Department.
- Build rapport with employees.
- Conduct all employee practices; hiring, interviewing, orientations, recognition, retention and turnover.
- Handle all employment benefits and services; plan administration and renewal, unemployment, workers comp, COBRA/FMLA administration. Legal issues; I-9 audits, personnel file maintenance, all federal, state and local laws.
HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- No more than 2 jobs in 5 years
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent experience in Restaurant HR practices, Business matters and Organizational Development.
- Training in Employment Law, compensation, employee relations, safety, training & development, preventative labor relations and benefits.
- Multi-Unit experience and Restaurant HR experience required.
- Ability to drive to different locations, Must have valid Drivers License.
- Practice at a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication, computer and record-keeping skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be polished, enthusiastic, outgoing and full of energy.
- A mix of corporate and private company experience.
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU JOIN US:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Competitive Salary
- Performance based bonus.
- Fun, Supportive and family-oriented teammates.
I enjoy recruiting because I love to offer advice while creating a match that suits both the candidate and the client perfectly. It's important to me that a candidate finds their ideal company.
- Adam joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2018.
- Adam has been in the restaurant industry over 31 years. He attended a 2-year culinary school in NYC. Adam trained and worked around NYC in many high-profile restaurants, hotels, banquet facilities, and corporate dining. Adam worked at The Rainbow Room in Rockefeller Plaza, where he ran the private club (The Rockefeller Club). There, he prepared menus and cooked for many famous celebrities.
- Adam was Vice President of a full-service casual dining concept for several years. He created menus, opened franchises, standardized FOH/BOH procedures, implemented restaurant training programs, and more. Adam also worked at The Four Seasons Hotel in Palm Beach Florida where he was the Executive Banquet Chef.
- Adam’s career turned to the Corporate Restaurant world in 1997. He was with the Cheesecake Factory as the Executive Kitchen Manager in many NJ locations and finally with Outback Steakhouse (Bloomin’ Brands, Inc.) in operations as a Managing Partner for several New Jersey stores, as well.
- Adam has a passion for cooking and football (which is his all-time love).