Innkeeper - B&B Manager - Luxury Property Experience Required
Atlanta, GA 30309
The duties of the Innkeeper are many. Most important is that the Innkeeper continuously maintains the house and grounds in a state appropriate for a first-class Inn.
Experienced couples are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- 5 years' experience as Innkeeper for a luxury property of at least 8 rooms.
- Able to work independently.
- Preparing the house for hosting guests, including grocery shopping, laundry including washing, drying and ironing, cooking and serving breakfast each day, providing snacks and other refreshments throughout the day, cleaning guest rooms and common areas, including porches, and floral and other decoration of guest rooms and common areas, including porches.
- Checking in guests, including scheduling guest arrival times and adapting your schedule to be in house when they arrive, personally greeting each guest upon arrival, collecting the room rental fees and a state-required signed registration card before they are given room and house keys, offer concierge services, make dining reservations, activities, print maps, give directions, etc.
- Answer calls 24x7, allowing for the transfer of calls to CallingInn or other service during peak hours. A mobile phone for emergencies must be answered in every instance. Answering every call by the third ring is our goal.
- Maintain all of the appliances, heating/air conditioning, rainwater/grey water, and other systems and scheduling preventative maintenance regularly with vendors.
- Supervising maintenance and vendor personnel.
- Maintaining inventory of amenities.
- Hosting special events, meetings, and receptions for clients and potential clients.
- Maintaining a "green lodging" environment, fully understanding its mechanics and our unwavering commitment to this philosophy to educate guests and others.
- Working with the owner to budget house expenses, coordinate bill payments, and control expenses. Providing scheduled financial reports to Owner: revenue, taxes, and expenses.
- Maintaining accurate and thorough records in RezOvation Property Management System.
- Marketing the property locally and on the Internet.
- Participating in the City of Atlanta or other opportunities/programs to foster tourism.
- Representing the B&B to the community, including Chamber of Commerce, Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau, bed and breakfast and hotelier associations, and the Midtown Neighbors Association. Participating in local, state, and national Innkeeper organizations.
- Working with organizations that benefit charitable causes, as selected by the Owner.
- Pursuing major business clients for Sunday-Friday business.
- Ensuring that the house is secure at all times, most notably when off-premise.
- Wearing a uniform that represents who you are to guests and the community at large.
- Responsible for hiring and training inn sitters for PTO.
- Engaging part-time and/or full-time help as needed for housekeeping, laundry, and special event catering.
- Performing appropriate reference, background, and drug checks on any who will work in the house.
- Single - $145-150/day based on 350 days annualized to $50,000-$52,500.
- Couple - $185-200/day based on 350 days annualized to $65,000-70,000.
- Sales Fee - typical fee historically annualized in the $20,000 to $24,000 range (same for single or couple) - paid quarterly (added to 1099)
- Housing included in an onsite cottage valued at $1500/month, $18,000/year (added to 1099)
- Paid Time Off of one week per 6 months worked - PTO does not roll over and must be used each year - up to two weeks' additional time off may be taken per year with a quality inn sitter
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.