Instrumentation and Controls Design Engineer
Birmingham, AL 35244
Instrumentation and Controls Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop control drawings including P&ID s
- Develop and review loop sheets
- Review and develop PLC point to point and interconnection diagrams
- Strong knowledge of instrument location plans, cable schedules, instrument indexes, and control panel layout
- Perform instrument calculations
- Develop device specifications
Instrumentation and Controls Design Engineer Requirements:
- B.S. degree Electrical, Mechanical, and Chemical engineering
- 5+ years of previous heavy industrial experience is required -- i.e., Pulp and Paper, Chemical, Mining, Pharmaceutical
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills -- detail-oriented
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of programs such as Excel and Word
- A well-rounded base of knowledge in heavy industrial manufacturing
Instrumentation and Controls Design Engineer Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary of $125K-$150K, based on experience
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Package
- Generous vacation policy
- Relocation candidates welcome
I love helping people find new opportunities.
- Jay Wright joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018.
- Jay is originally from Montgomery, Alabama.
- He attended Auburn University where he received a BSBA in Accounting.
- Jay was a Controller for ten years in the Manufacturing and Food Service Industry.
- He has been an active recruiter in Finance and Accounting for the last six years.
- In his spare time, Jay loves spending time and traveling with his wife and son. He enjoys competitive bass fishing.