Kitchen Manager - Sous Chef
San Mateo, CA
We are a growing Bay Area company that offers Indian-fusion cuisine in a fast-casual setting. We have multiple regional locations and are planning growth beyond the Bay Area - both corporate and franchised. All locations embrace the colorful energy of Indian market streets. Our target market is young and energetic. We are looking for a Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager who will work hand-in-hand with the CEO to lead our kitchen team into its culinary future.
Kitchen Manager or Sous Chef Responsibilities:
- Oversee the entire kitchen program, including food production, ordering, staffing, and kitchen organization including hiring and training staff, maintaining desired food and labor costs, and adhering to the highest food quality & safety standards
- The primary goal of the position is to ensure the quality and consistency of the food, while executing the vision of the CEO.
- Team scheduling, supervision and ongoing culinary training and development
- Roll out menu and recipe changes
- Train both front and back of the house on menu items
- Equipment maintenance
- Kitchen safety and health compliance, audits and inspections
- At least 3 years in a kitchen leadership role as a Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager or better
- 5 years industry experience
- Familiarity with a wide range of cuisines, ingredients, and cooking styles, including but not limited to Indian Fusion
- Must work well within a growing company and be able to provide helpful insight into creating new structures and systems as we continue to expand
- Experience adhering to food cost and labor cost goals in a high volume environment
- Strong communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Proficiency in Google Drive and Microsoft office
- ServSafe Manager
- High energy, passion and an understanding of the Millennial target market
- Culinary education and/or comparable mentorship
- Authorized to work permanent, full-time in the U.S.
- This position requires availability during early mornings, nights, and weekends, 5 days a week, 10 hours a day.
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company with big plans
- Base salary of $50, 000 to $60, 000 depending on background and experience PLUS a share of tips for an all-in of at least $55, 000 to $65, 000 depending on the base
- Bonus, Health Benefits, 2 weeks Paid Time Off, 401(k)