Grand Rapids, MI 49504 US
Quality focused Restaurant group is looking for a Kitchen Manager that is ready to work with one of the areas most iconic brands. Great leadership and solid benefits.
Kitchen Manager Responsibilities
- Kitchen Manager responsible for all aspects of the Restaurant kitchen operations.
- Scheduling and managing of kitchen and utility staff.
- Work with GM and Rest Manager staff in all aspects of managing a popular casual dining restaurant.
- Ensuring excellent employee relations with staff members.
- Ensuring proper food safety, sanitation, safe work practices and security in the kitchen.
Kitchen Manager Requirements
- 1-3 Years in Kitchen Management, supervisory, or Sous Chef in a casual or upscale kitchen.
- Solid knowledge in food preparation methods and enthusiasm to work on a team.
- Good understanding of food cost, inventory controls, and cost management.
- Serve Safe Certified a plus
Kitchen Manager Benefits
- Paid time off
- Excellent Health Insurance package
- Room for advancement- Multiple units locally
Recruiter Managing this Job
Senior Recruiter & Development Coach
Pinnacle Billers Member
Recruiting is awesome! It enables me to stay close to the hospitality business (which I love), serving both my guests and clients. I enjoy that wonderful feeling of knowing you have provided excellent, above-and-beyond service.
- Larry Chesner joined Goodwin Recruiting in March of 2017. He grew up in New Jersey as a latch-key kid with two working parents and thus learned to cook at an early age.
- Larry went on to attend Johnson and Wales College in Providence, RI. He earned an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts and a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Food Service Administration.
- Much of Larry’s career was with Interstate Hotels, where he started in F&B, then migrated to rooms operations and General Manager. He helped open several properties during his tenure and worked in Boston, MA; Providence, RI; Corpus Christi, TX; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA and Grand Rapids, MI. This included several brands like Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Wyndham, and independents. Larry also worked for Wyndham Corporation, Lane Hospitality, and National Hospitality Services as an Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Larry has been married for 23 years to Cherie. They have two daughters, Sam (19) and Sarah (15). Larry is a classic foodie; he loves to cook, drink, and learn about food and wine. He enjoys the outdoors, fishing, (crabbing when he gets back to NJ for visits), hiking, and camping. Larry’s favorite nonprofit is “Give Kids the World.”