Lead Paper Process Engineer
Birmingham, AL 35244
We are currently searching for a Lead Paper Process Engineer for a nationally known construction and engineering firm in Birmingham, AL The ideal candidate for the Lead Paper Process Engineer will have strong experience with deliverables in the paper process engineering space on time, on budget while meeting quality expectations.
Lead Paper Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- Apply engineering principles, standards and procedures in the execution of projects and programs to advance process innovation.
- Initiate, design, develop, and optimize manufacturing or converting asset capability and processes to meet project objectives, from idea generation through proof of principle and commercialization.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve processes, equipment, components, products, and systems for industrial purposes.
- Oversee hydraulic calculations, heat balances, material balances and process flow diagrams.
- Prepare technical drawings, specifications of systems, and location drawings to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Travel as required for project activities
Lead Paper Process Engineer Requirements:
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Paper Science from an accredited university.
- 10+ years of experience in the pulp and paper industry.
- Strong knowledge of paper machine equipment, processes, and operations.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Professional Engineering registration is a plus.
Lead Paper Process Engineer Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary of $150-$180K based on experience
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Package
- Generous vacation policy