Lead Power Process Engineer
Birmingham, AL 35244
We are currently searching for a Lead Power Process Engineer for a nationally known construction and engineering firm in Birmingham, AL. The ideal candidate for the Lead Power Process Engineer will have strong experience with deliverables in the power (boiler) process engineering space.
Lead Power Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- Promoting the culture of working safely and applying safety related concepts into process design.
- Depending on the project requirements, function as a lead power process engineer on large capital projects, as well as, function as a process engineer on smaller capital projects.
- Plan, organize, and oversee the work of the process engineering team with responsibility for quality and accuracy, as well as performance budget and schedule.
- Understand the project scope and deliverables. Initiate timely project change notices when deviations are made from project scope that affects the cost of the work, deliverables, and/or schedule.
- Establish the design criteria for the project.
- Oversee PFD and P&ID development, heat and material balances, hydraulic calculations, equipment specifications, and other process engineering tasks.
- Review and approve all process engineering deliverables.
- Assist in the development of bid packages for procurement of equipment and evaluate bids for compliance to the project specifications.
Lead Power Process Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university. Master's degree would be a plus.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience with power boilers, chemical recovery boilers, power generation, steam turbines, combustion turbines including at least 10 years in a technical or operations capacity with an operating company.
- Extensive knowledge of utility power boilers, chemical recovery boilers, steam turbines, combustion turbines, and heat recovery systems, fuels and fuel delivery systems, BFW systems, combustion air systems, and environmental systems and equipment
- Extensive knowledge of boiler codes, standards, and regulations.
- Experience in PFD and P&ID development, heat and material balances, and equipment specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willing to travel as required for pre-bid meetings, client presentations, or other project-specific requirements.
- Professional Engineering registration is preferred.
Lead Power Process Engineer Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary of $150K-$180K, based on experience
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Package
- Generous vacation policy
- Generous relocation package