Licensed Hotel Engineer
New York, NY 10018
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Responsible for making all repairs and maintain all areas of Hotel Facilities, to include all public areas, exterior areas of building, guestrooms, and guest corridors.
HOTEL ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain and repair all Hotel Areas in accordance with the procedures and standards guidelines.
- Report any unusual finding or safety hazards immediately to the departmental leader and/or Loss Prevention.
- Document all work performed on a room inspection sheet work orders.
- Perform the shift engineer s checklist daily and report any abnormalities, and perform all safety tests as directed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workshop and storage area. Assist in the ordering and stock maintenance of all necessary tools, parts, and materials.
- Respond to guest and emergency calls within predetermined response time periods.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, electricity, plumbing, and carpentry
- Basic knowledge of food service equipment
- Able to use power tools in a safe manner
- Work in a safe, prudent, and highly-organized manner
- Able to clearly communicate in both technical and non-technical terms
- Able to climb ladders to access lights and equipment
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Ability to lift, reach, bend, stoop, stand, walk continuously, climb stairs, and push or pull heavy equipment
- Requires walking 90 - 95 % of the workday
- Must be able to push up to 100lbs.
- High School Graduate required
- Trade school or apprenticeship in general building maintenance, HVAC and mechanical, electrical, plumbing, etc. preferred
- Two years experience working in a hotel engineering environment preferred
- City of New York Operating Engineers License, Refrigeration Operating License (Q-01)