Chicago, IL 60610
Multi-Unit Managing Director Needed
The position is the top level manager for the entire complex (both theater and bar/lounge within a single site) and oversees the Theater and Lobby Lounge to ensure guests have a memorable movie-going experience. Also, Directly supervise theater management, Lobby Lounge management, and all hourly staff at the location.
Managing Director Job responsibilities:
- Drives the business, results-driven, goal-oriented
- Accountable for staff while providing excellent customer service standards, to ensure that every guest visit not only meets but exceeds guest expectation levels.
- Is responsible for ensuring the theater and Lobby Lounge operates within the policies and established guidelines
- Directly works with managers to ensure each theater and Lobby Lounge operates in a manner that ensures each staff member provides, and each patron receives, outstanding customer service in a harassment/discrimination-free environment
- Communicates regularly and thoroughly with operations, theater and lounge managers both exempt and hourly - and other departments, using systems in place including email, available reports, weekly meetings/conference calls; keep up-to-date by reviewing all correspondence sent by operations and any other department within Company
- Direct supervision of theater managers, including, but not limited to interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, direction, disciplinary action, and evaluation
- Supervises all budgetary functions; including, but not limited to, optimizing all expenditures and ensuring responsible fiscal management at all levels
- Regularly monitors all systems in place for inventory and cash control in the theatres, to ensure any problems are noted and corrected in a timely fashion
- Is proficient in all management duties to ensure efficient business operations; including, but not limited to: advertising & marketing, scheduling, inventory, booth, payroll, human resources, including safety/security/physical plant management
Managing Director Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Evenings, weekends and holiday availability
- 3 - 5 years of theatre management experience, or equivalent. 2 - 3 years in a lead manager role
- Outstanding computer skills, including Microsoft office, POS system experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to handle customer complaints & staff supervision issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent working knowledge of all rules and regulations for each theatre s location
- The ability to bend, squat, twist and reach and lift to 40 pounds unassisted for stocking, projection, cleaning, hands-on management, etc.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal communication, planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills