National Account Manager
Charleston, SC 29401
Goodwin Recruiting is partnering with a fantastic distillery client in South Carolina to help them find an exceptional National Account Manager. The National Account Manager will be responsible for increasing sales, executing the annual business plan of mid-large, off-premise accounts. The National Account Manager will actively manage the sales team and collaborate with senior management and department heads. The National Account Manager focuses on delivering sales, distribution, and merchandising goals through the building of partnerships with major national and regional off-premise accounts. This position can be based anywhere in the US.
National Account Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an annual business plan for assigned accounts and identify the resources needed to execute the plan successfully
- Establish relationships and maintain a high level of interaction and communication with retail chain buyers and their respective division and district management teams
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned accounts and develop a selling story and action plan to close against objectives successfully
- Partner with Marketing to create and deliver chain-specific programs that are consistent with overall brand image and awareness and pay a long-term return on the investment required
- Effectively communicate with the field sales team and distributor network to ensure flawless execution against mandated product authorizations and programs
- Provide leadership on category and channel opportunities
- Plan and manage resources to address account opportunities
- 7+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages (spirits) to national and regional off-premise accounts.
- Broad-based knowledge of spirits marketing, sales, and merchandising strategies. Spirits sales experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in understanding and applying insights garnered from IRI and/or Nielsen is also a plus.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication, including the ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in getting things accomplished and solving problems with a sense of urgency.
- Autonomously conduct daily business while maintaining a good "business sense" in regards to time constraints, financial guidelines, and company ethics.
- Delivers projects and initiatives within budgetary guidelines.
- Industry networking ability (supplier, wholesaler, and retailer).
- Strong computer skills a must, including demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite of applications.
- Up to 75% travel.
- Aggressive base salary + Bonus
- Paid Holidays
I love helping people find new opportunities.
- Jay Wright joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018.
- Jay is originally from Montgomery, Alabama.
- He attended Auburn University where he received a BSBA in Accounting.
- Jay was a Controller for ten years in the Manufacturing and Food Service Industry.
- He has been an active recruiter in Finance and Accounting for the last six years.
- In his spare time, Jay loves spending time and traveling with his wife and son. He enjoys competitive bass fishing.