National Account Manager
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Goodwin Recruiting is partnering with a fantastic craft brewing client in the Florida Panhandle to help them find an exceptional National Account Manager. The National Account Manager will be responsible for increasing sales, executing the annual business plan, and large off-premise accounts. The National Account Manager will actively manage the sales team and collaborate with senior management and department heads. The National Account Manager focuses on delivering sales, distribution, and merchandising goals through the building of partnerships with major national and regional off-premise chains. This position can be based anywhere in the southeastern US.
National Account Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an annual business plan for assigned accounts and identify the resources needed to successfully execute the plan.
- Establish relationships and maintain a high level of interaction and communication with retail chain buyers and their respective division and district management teams.
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned accounts and develop selling story and action plan to successfully close against objectives.
- Partner with Marketing to create and deliver chain specific programs that are consistent with overall brand image and awareness and pay a long-term return on the investment required.
- Effectively communicate with the field sales team and distributor network to ensure flawless execution against mandated product authorizations and programs.
- Implement, organize, execute, and evaluate promotions within chains.
- Provide leadership on category and channel opportunities.
- Plan and manage resources to address chain account opportunities.
- 5+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages to national and regional off-premise chain accounts.
- Established connections with key chains within the Grocery, C-Store, Drug, Mass, and Club channels are a definite plus.
- Broad-based knowledge of beverage marketing, sales, and merchandising strategies. Alcoholic beverage sales experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in understanding and applying insights garnered from IRI and/or Nielsen is also a plus.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication, including the ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in getting things accomplished and solving problems with a sense of urgency.
- Conduct daily business in an autonomous fashion while maintaining a good "business sense" in regards to time constraints, financial guidelines, and company ethics.
- Delivers projects and initiatives within budgetary guidelines.
- Industry networking ability (supplier, wholesaler, and retailer)
- Strong computer skills a must, including demonstrated experience with MS Office suite of applications.
- Up to 75% travel
- Aggressive base salary plus car allowance
- Paid Holidays