Operations Coordinator for Multi-Unit Restaurant Group
Syracuse, NY 13214
Interacts with associates in a professional and pleasant manner to answer and resolve administrative questions related to pay, policies and procedures, and/or distribute work-related documents, materials, and information.
Compiles, files, maintains, and safeguards employment, benefit, pay change, informational and other confidential documents and records in accordance with company policy.
Provides administrative support for recruiting activities and initiatives, including, but is not limited to posting job openings, attending career fairs, coordinating interviews, and generating offer letters for hourly associates. Administers pre-employment screening.
Coordinates and assists with the new hire process, including assisting and ensuring new hires properly complete onboarding paperwork, submitting and processing paperwork with appropriate persons, creating new employee files, coordinating orientation, and supporting training efforts.
Coordinates confidential HR investigations.
Performs general administrative functions including, but not limited to, generating reports, processing changes to employee records in HRMS systems, completing logs and checklists, processing required forms and worksheets and maintaining data, forms, and documents.
Performs clerical accounting functions such as creating receiving sheets, tracking invoices, inputting invoice documents, and accounts payable.
Assists with planning and executing associate engagement activities.
May serve in an operations capacity as necessary and directed by management, including operating a POS terminal.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
Requires High school diploma or general education development (GED) diploma
Requires knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner
Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
A summary of the role
Position is support for the District Director behind the scenes
- Operations and administrative services
- Supporting recruitment and new hire processes
- Utilizing multiple systems to process changes to a variety of records
- Performing clerical accounting tasks
- Resolving general questions related to pay, policies, and procedures.
- Maintaining files and records
- Coordinating processes and initiatives
- Completing logs and checklists
- Posting job openings, attending career fairs, coordinating interviews and generating offer letters for hourly associates. Administer pre-employment screening such as background checks, completing I 9 s for new hires. (Peoplematter/Peoplefluent)
- Ensuring new hires properly complete onboarding paperwork, submitting and processing paperwork with appropriate persons, creating new employee files, coordinating orientation, conducting orientation, and supporting training efforts, such as OJT cash handling, food safety, Star Hospitality, and other training initiatives initiated by the company
- Coordinates confidential HR investigations
- Generating HRMS reports, handling reporting from corporate ad outside vendors such as Eligibility reports, Weeks not paid and WOTC
- Maintaining HR data, forms, and documents and completing various data entry, maintain postings in the office
- Processing changes to employee records in HRMS systems
- Wage Survey s, maintaining wage records
- Maintaining safety meeting minutes, records and logs, General Liability, Workers comp (tracking), OSHA log
- Creating receiving sheets, tracking invoices, inputting invoice documents, and accounts payable
- Various MIV functions
- Cash machine - troubleshooting, completing logs and other required records
- Assists with planning and executing associate engagement activities
- Sunoco and other Billing, processing P card and various other expense reports
- Price Sweeps
- Operations such as operating a POS terminal or completing inventory
- Assists with planning and executing associate engagement activities as requested by the HR Business partner and/or the director such as birthday lists and anniversary lists
I joined Goodwin Recruiting because the culture is second to none and the company core values align with mine. Although I loved every minute of my time in hospitality, here at Goodwin, I have the opportunity to change candidates’ lives in a very profound way. There is no greater feeling than placing a candidate in that perfect position that will afford them professional development and happiness.
- Mitch Marron joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2017, having previously been placed twice by Goodwin Recruiting.
- Mitch has over 25 years of experience as a COO, General Manager, and Executive Chef, predominantly for luxury country clubs within the private club industry. He also has extensive experience in opening restaurants for independent hotels such as Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, independent hotel companies such as Edgewater Management, and major brands such as Hilton and ClubCorp.
- Mitch obtained his B.S. in Hospitality Management from Florida International University.
- In his free time, Mitch is an avid golfer, who loves travel, wine, his wife, Carrie, and 25-year old twins, Brett and Alexis.