Physician - Heart Transplant Cardiologist - Fort Wayne, IN
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
Currently seeking a BE/BC Advanced Heart Failure/Transplant Cardiologist to be the Primary Physician and potential Medical Director within the Heart Failure/Transplant service line. Must have Heart Transplant, VAD, and ECMO training and experience.
Join a large, dynamic, multidisciplinary Cardiology group of CV surgeons, Non-Invasive Cardiologists, Interventional Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists, Advanced Heart Failure and Heart Transplant Cardiologists in Ft. Wayne, IN. With our own heart transplant program, as well as research opportunities available within our own research organization, our health network provides the full spectrum of cardiology care to northeast Indiana.
The team has been delivering heart transplant services for more than 30 years. Our multidisciplinary team includes:
Specially trained anesthesiologists
Medical transplant specialists
Transplant & outreach coordinators
Pre-transplant monitoring and post-surgical care
Cardiopulmonary rehab specialists
A comprehensive compensation package will be offered and may include:
Competitive Base Salary plus Incentive
Commencement Bonus and/or Signing Bonus
Potential for Medical Education Debt Repayment
Potential for fellowship stipend
CME, Licensure, Dues, and Subscriptions
Health and Retirement
Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- The second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000+
- NamedAll-American City Award and a City of Livability
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
- 10-minute drive to work no traffic!
- Over 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking and biking
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses and 300 lakes within 50 miles of Fort Wayne
- Family activities: the award-winning Children s Zoo and Science Central Art and cultural: Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three hours)
I enjoy learning every day about people and what it takes to make both sides of the recruiting equation work.
- Heidi Macomber joined Goodwin Recruiting as an independent business partner in February 2019. She previously owned a small boutique healthcare staffing and recruiting agency.
- Heidi grew up in Upstate New York, in the Finger Lakes region, and now travels the country with her husband. They are full-time, working RV-ers, and Heidi cannot think of anything better than the freedom to discover new places, meet new people, and make new memories.
- Heidi earned an MBA in Human Resource Management from Excelsior College and a BS degree in Business, Management, and Economics with a concentration in Information Systems from SUNY Empire State College. She is SHRM-CP certified and was part of the inaugural recruiting certification class of Recruiter.com. Heidi is continuously seeking out new information, new ideas, and better understanding on any HR topics, privacy and security as it relates to the medical community and PHI, systems learning with statistical programming, and AI in the field of staffing and recruitment.
- Heidi has a long background in the dialysis field and has had the opportunity to work with DaVita in NY, HI, AZ, CA, and WA state. She has helped open denovo dialysis clinics (including one in Lahaina, HI), worked with the Southwest Kidney Institute in AZ, assisted with the transition of acquired clinics, helped setup and train new Crown Web users, and worked in the Corporate Credit Department (Revenue Cycle Management) in WA State. She has worked in Assisted Living and has a background in Chronic Care Medicaid (she co-authored a book on the topic that was published in 2000). She previously worked for Bersin by Deloitte, a worldwide Human Resource Research and Consulting company.
- Heidi's free time is spent renovating a 28' RV with her husband while also exploring and learning about Southern California.