Physician - OB-Gyn
Washington, DC 20037
Referrals are easy with our GWU specialist partners, the practice is well-established, and everything you need to practice outpatient medicine is waiting for you. Our group of four metro-accessible offices is poised to expand within the DC area and is developing an academic family medicine program for physicians interested in working as faculty. Our modern, well-designed offices provide:
- Fully paperless EMR
- Well-trained Medical Assistants allow you to focus on seeing patients
- 100% outpatient
- No Call!
- Energetic environment
- Friendly colleagues and approachable medical director
- On-site phlebotomist and x-rays (in most offices)
- Opportunities to work with trainees at GWU and potential for faculty appointment
- Competitive pay, bonus potential, and a comprehensive benefits package
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Medical Doctorate Degree from an accredited US institution and appropriate licensure required. Must be board-certified or board-eligible in Obstetrics & Gynecology. Experience: 2 years of relevant healthcare experience preferred.
Competencies: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.
I enjoy learning every day about people and what it takes to make both sides of the recruiting equation work.
- Heidi Macomber joined Goodwin Recruiting as an independent business partner in February 2019. She previously owned a small boutique healthcare staffing and recruiting agency.
- Heidi grew up in Upstate New York, in the Finger Lakes region, and now travels the country with her husband. They are full-time, working RV-ers, and Heidi cannot think of anything better than the freedom to discover new places, meet new people, and make new memories.
- Heidi earned an MBA in Human Resource Management from Excelsior College and a BS degree in Business, Management, and Economics with a concentration in Information Systems from SUNY Empire State College. She is SHRM-CP certified and was part of the inaugural recruiting certification class of Recruiter.com. Heidi is continuously seeking out new information, new ideas, and better understanding on any HR topics, privacy and security as it relates to the medical community and PHI, systems learning with statistical programming, and AI in the field of staffing and recruitment.
- Heidi has a long background in the dialysis field and has had the opportunity to work with DaVita in NY, HI, AZ, CA, and WA state. She has helped open denovo dialysis clinics (including one in Lahaina, HI), worked with the Southwest Kidney Institute in AZ, assisted with the transition of acquired clinics, helped setup and train new Crown Web users, and worked in the Corporate Credit Department (Revenue Cycle Management) in WA State. She has worked in Assisted Living and has a background in Chronic Care Medicaid (she co-authored a book on the topic that was published in 2000). She previously worked for Bersin by Deloitte, a worldwide Human Resource Research and Consulting company.
- Heidi's free time is spent renovating a 28' RV with her husband while also exploring and learning about Southern California.