Physician - Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine - LaPorte, IN
La Porte, IN 46350
Our Sports Medicine Center treats athletes of all ages. We have the area's most comprehensive sports medicine team of all-star physicians, surgeons, and physical therapists. Some of our team members have treated professional athletes, including players for the Pittsburgh Pirates and Montreal Canadiens, among other teams.
From diagnosis to treatment, we handle everything: bumps and bruises, sprains and strains, as well as more serious conditions, including concussions and orthopaedic issues that may require surgery. What's more, we have the most physical therapists - with the most experience - in the area.
- Employed position with strong base compensation with incentive
- Outpatient opportunity with area high school and college team coverage
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and RX coverage
- 26 days PTO with 5 additional CME days
- 403 B investment program
- Paid Malpractice Insurance
About La Port, IN
This hospital is located in the heart of the downtown La Porte area. They have broken ground on a new replacement hospital with targeted completion in 2020. As a member of our medical staff, you will have an opportunity to be a part of this exciting transition and your input will be welcomed!
Northwest Indiana is a wonderful location to call home. We are close enough to Chicago to enjoy all the benefits of a metropolitan area without the traffic congestion and costs that accompany it, as well as a short drive to the lower Michigan shoreline and resorts. The La Porte area, as well as the surrounding communities, are very family-friendly communities. We have good schools, safe community, low taxes, comparably low housing costs, access to shopping, 20 minutes from Lake Michigan and only an hour to Chicago. Additionally, Indiana is welcoming to physicians with tort reform since the 1970s resulting in a friendly malpractice environment.
The La Porte community specifically has small town charm with easy access to everything. There are multiple lakes within minutes of the downtown area which are conducive to boating/skiing, as well as quieter no wake lakes which are great for fishing and sailing. Additionally, the surrounding communities of Valparaiso and Chesterton are also great places to live and are within a 30 to 40-minute drive if you chose to make that short commute .
I enjoy learning every day about people and what it takes to make both sides of the recruiting equation work.
- Heidi Macomber joined Goodwin Recruiting as an independent business partner in February 2019. She previously owned a small boutique healthcare staffing and recruiting agency.
- Heidi grew up in Upstate New York, in the Finger Lakes region, and now travels the country with her husband. They are full-time, working RV-ers, and Heidi cannot think of anything better than the freedom to discover new places, meet new people, and make new memories.
- Heidi earned an MBA in Human Resource Management from Excelsior College and a BS degree in Business, Management, and Economics with a concentration in Information Systems from SUNY Empire State College. She is SHRM-CP certified and was part of the inaugural recruiting certification class of Recruiter.com. Heidi is continuously seeking out new information, new ideas, and better understanding on any HR topics, privacy and security as it relates to the medical community and PHI, systems learning with statistical programming, and AI in the field of staffing and recruitment.
- Heidi has a long background in the dialysis field and has had the opportunity to work with DaVita in NY, HI, AZ, CA, and WA state. She has helped open denovo dialysis clinics (including one in Lahaina, HI), worked with the Southwest Kidney Institute in AZ, assisted with the transition of acquired clinics, helped setup and train new Crown Web users, and worked in the Corporate Credit Department (Revenue Cycle Management) in WA State. She has worked in Assisted Living and has a background in Chronic Care Medicaid (she co-authored a book on the topic that was published in 2000). She previously worked for Bersin by Deloitte, a worldwide Human Resource Research and Consulting company.
- Heidi's free time is spent renovating a 28' RV with her husband while also exploring and learning about Southern California.