Physician - Pediatric Endocrinology - Fort Wayne, Indiana
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
Seeking to recruit a BC/BE Pediatric Endocrinologist to join an established practice. Our current endocrinology team consists of 1 board-certified pediatric endocrinologist, 2 certified diabetes educators, a pediatric dietitian, a pediatric social worker, and 2 pediatric endocrine nurses. Heavily supported by pediatric intensivists, pediatric hospitalists, and pediatric emergency department.
Make your mark in our community by joining a robust team of pediatric specialists, including surgery, cardiology, GI, oncology, pulmonology, hospitalists, intensivists, and child-life services. Many teaching and research opportunities are available, including monthly Pediatric Grand Rounds, in-house family practice residents, and IU School of Medicine academic engagement opportunities. Additionally, we have unique and interesting clinical profiles of patients with our large Amish and Burmese populations.
A comprehensive compensation package will be offered and may include:
- Base salary plus incentive
- Commencement Bonus
- Medical Education Debt Repayment
- Health, Life, and Retirement Benefits
Fort Wayne, IN - Northeast Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- The second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000+
- Named All-American City Award and a City of Livability
- The overall cost of living is 9 percent below the national average
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- An active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses and 300 lakes within 50 miles of Fort Wayne
Family activities: the award-winning Children s Zoo and Science Central
Art and cultural: Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, Embassy Theater, Civic Theater, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three-hours)
I enjoy learning every day about people and what it takes to make both sides of the recruiting equation work.
- Heidi Macomber joined Goodwin Recruiting as an independent business partner in February 2019. She previously owned a small boutique healthcare staffing and recruiting agency.
- Heidi grew up in Upstate New York, in the Finger Lakes region, and now travels the country with her husband. They are full-time, working RV-ers, and Heidi cannot think of anything better than the freedom to discover new places, meet new people, and make new memories.
- Heidi earned an MBA in Human Resource Management from Excelsior College and a BS degree in Business, Management, and Economics with a concentration in Information Systems from SUNY Empire State College. She is SHRM-CP certified and was part of the inaugural recruiting certification class of Recruiter.com. Heidi is continuously seeking out new information, new ideas, and better understanding on any HR topics, privacy and security as it relates to the medical community and PHI, systems learning with statistical programming, and AI in the field of staffing and recruitment.
- Heidi has a long background in the dialysis field and has had the opportunity to work with DaVita in NY, HI, AZ, CA, and WA state. She has helped open denovo dialysis clinics (including one in Lahaina, HI), worked with the Southwest Kidney Institute in AZ, assisted with the transition of acquired clinics, helped setup and train new Crown Web users, and worked in the Corporate Credit Department (Revenue Cycle Management) in WA State. She has worked in Assisted Living and has a background in Chronic Care Medicaid (she co-authored a book on the topic that was published in 2000). She previously worked for Bersin by Deloitte, a worldwide Human Resource Research and Consulting company.
- Heidi's free time is spent renovating a 28' RV with her husband while also exploring and learning about Southern California.