Polished Executive Chef for Upscale Casual Concept
San Diego, CA 92101
Restaurant Executive Chef Responsibilities
- Creative love of food with a commitment to quality
- Planning of food preparation and culinary activities
- Modifying menus that meet quality standards
- Manage food requirements and food/labor costs
- Ensure strict adherence to recipes
- Check freshness and quality of ingredients
- Product freshness guaranteed by proper labeling. dating and rotation procedures
- Be a team builder/leadership developer
- 5 years in high volume, scratch kitchen, ala carte full-service
- Ability to work quickly and produce orders
- Creative love of food with a sensitive palate and unyielding commitment to quality
- Strong business sense and profit mentality
- Self-motivated with high degree of stamina
- Great company culture
- Growth Potential with healthy and growing company
- Full Benefits
- $10,000 Bonus
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I joined Goodwin Recruiting because the culture is second to none and the company core values align with mine. Although I loved every minute of my time in hospitality, here at Goodwin, I have the opportunity to change candidates’ lives in a very profound way. There is no greater feeling than placing a candidate in that perfect position that will afford them professional development and happiness.
- Mitch Marron joined Goodwin Recruiting in August 2017, having previously been placed twice by Goodwin Recruiting.
- Mitch has over 25 years of experience as a COO, General Manager, and Executive Chef, predominantly for luxury country clubs within the private club industry. He also has extensive experience in opening restaurants for independent hotels such as Saybrook Point Inn and Spa, independent hotel companies such as Edgewater Management, and major brands such as Hilton and ClubCorp.
- Mitch obtained his B.S. in Hospitality Management from Florida International University.
- In his free time, Mitch is an avid golfer, who loves travel, wine, his wife, Carrie, and 25-year old twins, Brett and Alexis.