Polished Floor Manager
Saint Louis, MO 63103
Seeking a polished, professional, and experienced Restaurant Manager to run operations in a high-profile, high-volume, and upscale restaurant venue. Passion for hospitality and financially savvy are two factors that are a MUST!
Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Exceed the expectations of every guest every time - it's what we do and how we live
- Train, coach, and direct team - set the bar high and never underdeliver
- Build respectful relationships with every member of the team while holding them accountable
- Remain hands-on and eyes-on at all times in every aspect of the business
- Control all costs and manage high standards of service while paying acute attention to every detail
Restaurant Manager Qualifications:
- Must have at least 3 years' experience in Restaurant Manager role of upscale or fine dining establishment - NO JOB HOPPERS
- Strong and proven leadership qualities: friendly, coach mentality, lead by example, and uphold restaurant standards
- Thick skin to thrive in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
- Proven ability to uphold standards, exceed expectations, and build relationships - attitude and drive are everything
- Competitive pay with yearly review
- Opportunity for growth
- Comprehensive Insurance benefits - Company pays 75% - and 401k with match
- Strong culture and support system
I love recruiting because it allows me to stay on trend in the industry while working with our clients to find amazing individuals to add to their growing teams. I enjoy meeting with new candidates across the country every day. It feels so impactful to have the unique opportunity to change peoples’ lives.
- Marcia Recks joined the Goodwin team in August 2018, after nearly 20 years in the hospitality industry working in operations. She started as a server and eventually worked her way up into a Director of Operations role.
- Marcia grew up in Quincy, Illinois, and after graduating with a degree in Elementary Education, she moved to St. Louis, Missouri where she landed a teaching job early in her career. She furthered her education by achieving a Master’s degree in Theatre which she says has been invaluable, because in this business you are “always on stage!” After 10 years in the field of education, Marcia jumped head first into the St. Louis restaurant scene and never looked back. One of her favorite positions was managing a Spanish restaurant, the first of its kind in St. Louis, which lead to a love for everything Spanish – wine, food, culture – and a few trips abroad. She even named her three dogs after characters from the famous novel by Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote – Quixote, Sancho, and Dulcinea!
- As passionate as Marcia is about food and hospitality, she is nearly as passionate in her love for the St. Louis Cardinals. Although spring is beautiful as the flowers and trees are in bloom, the grass is green again, and everything seems so full of life, Marcia relayed the only reason she loves the spring is the start of baseball season. She catches as many home games as possible and is never a fair-weather fan. “I love my Cardinals, and there is nothing better than spending a Sunday afternoon or a balmy summer evening at the ballpark! The home opener is like a national holiday around here, and I LOVE it!” Her dog, Quixote, is a proud Cardinal supporter as well!