Birmingham, AL 35244
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and oversee the process engineering activities with responsibility for quality and accuracy as well as performance budget and schedule.
- Understand the project scope and deliverables. Initiate timely project change notices when deviations are made from project scope that affects the cost of the work, deliverable, and/or schedule.
- Establish the process design criteria for the project.
- PFD and P&ID development, heat and material balances, hydraulic calculations, and other process engineering tasks.
- Prepare equipment specifications and assist in the development of bid packages for procurement of equipment.
- Review and check vendor information and reconcile verses the process design documents.
- Coordinate with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure inter-disciplinary alignment of the design effort.
- Review discipline design information and design drawings for process engineering input and participate in inter-discipline design reviews
Process Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Paper Science from an accredited university
- 3+ years of process engineering experience
- Experience in PFD and P&ID development, heat and material balances, and equipment specifications
- Pipeline sizing
- Pump calculations
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of paper machine equipment, processes, and operations is a plus
- Professional Engineering registration or ability to obtain PE is a plus
Process Engineer Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary of $130K - $150K, based on experience
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Package
- Generous vacation policy
I love helping people find new opportunities.
- Jay Wright joined Goodwin Recruiting in April 2018.
- Jay is originally from Montgomery, Alabama.
- He attended Auburn University where he received a BSBA in Accounting.
- Jay was a Controller for ten years in the Manufacturing and Food Service Industry.
- He has been an active recruiter in Finance and Accounting for the last six years.
- In his spare time, Jay loves spending time and traveling with his wife and son. He enjoys competitive bass fishing.