RN Surgical Oncology - New Grads & LTAC SNF Considered
Wichita, KS 67214
Want to work at a huge acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets? An amazing opportunity for a Surgical Oncology RN to grow at a facility that treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies more than any hospital in a 13-state region.
Shift: Full-time Days and Nights (rotating weekends)
RN Surgical Oncology Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- You will direct and oversee all nursing care for the department-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by the hospital and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act
- You will support the organization's vision and mission and utilize knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care
RN Surgical Oncology Requirements
- RN licensed in the state of KS
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course completion
- RN with 1 to 2 years of acute care experience - preferred
- New Grads considered
- SNF/LTAC experience considered
RN Surgical Oncology Compensation & Benefits
- Full Benefits
- Opportunity for growth with a large healthcare system
- $44,200 to $54,080 salary range
- $3.25 - night differential
- $4.50 - weekend differential (Fri 11:00- Sun 11:00)
- Sign on bonus up to $5,000 (does NOT apply to new grads)
I enjoy learning every day about people and what it takes to make both sides of the recruiting equation work.
- Heidi Macomber joined Goodwin Recruiting as an independent business partner in February 2019. She previously owned a small boutique healthcare staffing and recruiting agency.
- Heidi grew up in Upstate New York, in the Finger Lakes region, and now travels the country with her husband. They are full-time, working RV-ers, and Heidi cannot think of anything better than the freedom to discover new places, meet new people, and make new memories.
- Heidi earned an MBA in Human Resource Management from Excelsior College and a BS degree in Business, Management, and Economics with a concentration in Information Systems from SUNY Empire State College. She is SHRM-CP certified and was part of the inaugural recruiting certification class of Recruiter.com. Heidi is continuously seeking out new information, new ideas, and better understanding on any HR topics, privacy and security as it relates to the medical community and PHI, systems learning with statistical programming, and AI in the field of staffing and recruitment.
- Heidi has a long background in the dialysis field and has had the opportunity to work with DaVita in NY, HI, AZ, CA, and WA state. She has helped open denovo dialysis clinics (including one in Lahaina, HI), worked with the Southwest Kidney Institute in AZ, assisted with the transition of acquired clinics, helped setup and train new Crown Web users, and worked in the Corporate Credit Department (Revenue Cycle Management) in WA State. She has worked in Assisted Living and has a background in Chronic Care Medicaid (she co-authored a book on the topic that was published in 2000). She previously worked for Bersin by Deloitte, a worldwide Human Resource Research and Consulting company.
- Heidi's free time is spent renovating a 28' RV with her husband while also exploring and learning about Southern California.