Restaurant Assistant General Manager
Austin, TX 78704
Looking for a Restaurant Assistant General Manager for a growing, upscale full service concept. Must be polished and have strong corporate or independent scratch cooking concept experience. We are looking for a career commitment. You must be willing and able to relocate for training and promotion for career growth.
Restaurant Assistant General Manager Job Description & Responsibilities:
This is a developmental position for both the AGM, and for the team the AGM coaches. The AGM will work collaboratively with the GM to effectively manage the restaurant. Areas of responsibility will include beverage cost center, front of house labor, office and organizational-related tasks, inventory maintenance, facility maintenance, and social media management.
Restaurant Assistant General Manager Qualifications:
- Must have experience working in concepts with sales volumes above $6M
- Minimum of 3 plus years in an upscale, scratch food service management role
- Knowledge and skills in P&L statements
- Knowledge and skill in building and developing a team
- Ability to lead, motivate, and empower employees
- Ability to set goals, create plans, and take the correct actions
- Ability to measure performance, subjectively and objectively
- Desired traits: energetic, passionate, humble, caring, authentic, collaborative, inspiring leader, observant, attention to detail, and develops self and others
Restaurant Assistant General Manager Benefits:
- Base salary in the $55,000 to $65,000 range
- 100% of Healthcare
- Two-weeks of paid vacation per year
- Angela Scopelianos joined Goodwin Recruiting in November 2017 with passion and love for the hospitality industry.
- Angela has a lifetime of management and operations experience gained through her family-owned, classic Italian restaurants in Kansas City.
- Her culinary passion led to the pursuit of a Bachelor of Science from Cornell University’s Hotel and Management School in Ithaca, New York, followed by a culinary degree from the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York.
- Angela’s career began with over seven years of tenure at Hillstone Restaurant Group, holding various management roles including Multi-Unit Manager, Kitchen Manager, and Service Manager for numerous locations.
- Angela is devoted to her husband of five years and raising their two young children. In her spare time, she can be found immersed in various Mediterranean family traditions and events and exploring the southwest from their home base in Chandler, Arizona.