Restaurant Assistant General Manager
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Restaurant Assistant General Manager - If you are looking to advance your career and want to join a growing company that takes care of its employees, then you have found your new home! Our employees love working for us because we are all about our people, and in turn, they stay for a long time and have successful careers with us.
Assistant General Manager Benefits Include:
- Strong, attainable monthly bonus
- Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, and Prescription
- 401k with a company match!
- Paid time off, vacation time, and a great quality of life!
- 2-4 years of salaried management experience
- Financial exposure and P&L accountability
- Sales volume experience of more than $500K
- Managing more than 15 employees
- The ability to coach and lead a strong team
- Be the face of our restaurant - we want those operators who are engaging and personable
- Develop those around you, always looking for promotable people
- Conduct inventories, control costs, and improve the day-to-day operations
- Schedule, train, and recruit excellent staff
- Maintain a safe working environment for both our employees and customers
- Have fun!
Recruiter Managing this Job
Recruiting is awesome! It enables me to stay close to the hospitality business (which I love), serving both my guests and clients. I enjoy that wonderful feeling of knowing you have provided excellent, above-and-beyond service.
- Larry Chesner joined Goodwin Recruiting in March of 2017. He grew up in New Jersey as a latch-key kid with two working parents and thus learned to cook at an early age.
- Larry went on to attend Johnson and Wales College in Providence, RI. He earned an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts and a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Food Service Administration.
- Much of Larry’s career was with Interstate Hotels, where he started in F&B, then migrated to rooms operations and General Manager. He helped open several properties during his tenure and worked in Boston, MA; Providence, RI; Corpus Christi, TX; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA and Grand Rapids, MI. This included several brands like Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Wyndham, and independents. Larry also worked for Wyndham Corporation, Lane Hospitality, and National Hospitality Services as an Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Larry has been married for 23 years to Cherie. They have two daughters, Sam (19) and Sarah (15). Larry is a classic foodie; he loves to cook, drink, and learn about food and wine. He enjoys the outdoors, fishing, (crabbing when he gets back to NJ for visits), hiking, and camping. Larry’s favorite nonprofit is “Give Kids the World.”