Restaurant Assistant General Manager
San Jose, CA 95134
Growing Bay Area company needs an Assistant General Manager or experienced Manager ready to step up to a General Manager position quickly. We have seven locations and are planning for growth. All locations embrace the colorful energy of Indian market streets. This location is complemented by a high percentage of catering business. The intent of this position is to groom the Assistant General Manager to step up to a General Manager role quickly.
Restaurant Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Help the General Manager take ownership and run it like it's theirs
- Help the General Manager control financials
- Help the General Manager develop a success-oriented team: hire, train, coach, mentor, develop leaders, and maintain a positive, energetic culture
- Prepare for a General Manager role
- Ready to step up to a GM position quickly
- At least three years' Assistant General Manager or General Manager experience in fast-casual or fast-paced full service
- Volume experience of at least $2M
- Catering experience - delivery and events preferred
- Good tenure at prior jobs and consistent career progression
- Have an affinity for the flavors of Indian cuisine
- Passionate about your people, your restaurant, and your industry
- Base compensation of $25-29/hour at $61,750 to $71,630 for 45 hours, depending on experience
- Paid time off and benefits
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. Though his family comes from an equestrian background, Jim chose a professional path that led him to the hospitality industry.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares, both, with candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that is prepared from scratch. They all enjoy going on long, daily hiking trips and traveling together.