Restaurant Assistant General Manager
San Mateo, CA 94403
Growing Bay Area company that offers Indian favorites with global flavors. We have four unique locations and are planning growth. All locations embrace the colorful energy of Indian market streets. This location is complemented by a high percentage of catering business. The intent of this position is to groom the Assistant General Manager to step up to a General Manager role quickly.
Restaurant Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Help the General Manager take ownership and run it like it's theirs
- Help the General Manager control financials
- Help the General Manager develop a success-oriented team: hire, train, coach, mentor, develop leaders and maintain a positive, energetic culture
- Prepare for a General Manager role
- Ready to step up to a General Manager position quickly
- At least three years Assistant General Manager or General Manager experience in fast-casual or fast-paced full service
- Volume experience of at least $2M
- Catering experience - delivery and events preferred
- Good tenure at prior jobs and consistent career progression
- Passionate about your people, your restaurant, and your industry
- Base salary of $50,000 to $60,000, depending on experience plus tips - all in around $55,000-$65,000
- Paid time off and benefits
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.