Restaurant Chef de Cuisine
Bolton Landing, NY 12814
We are looking for someone who is well polished and aggressive (in a good way). Volume experience is required.
Chef de Cuisine's Supervision of Team Members
- Supervises kitchen staff to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing, and portion sizes are as prescribed by standardized recipes
- Trains and develops kitchen staff trains kitchen staff in the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates actively works to promote and recognize performance
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions
- Provides timely performance evaluations and makes recommendations for pay increases
- Inventory & Cost Control
Chef de Cuisine's Kitchen Operations
- Plans and prepares various food items and meals for hotel restaurant guests, following proper food handling and safety guidelines.
- Assists in establishing par levels for supplies and equipment, monitors and maintains proper inventory levels, and completes orders for supplies and equipment.
- Observes team members engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed. Gives instructions to cooking personnel in fine points of cooking.
- Ensures that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently.
- Supervises all food preparation in the kitchen. Creates and prepares daily special menu items.
- Consistently enhances and maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal, and flavor of foods.
- Personally work all line stations to ensure proper training and assistance, as needed.
- Participates with Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef to ensure kitchen maintains cleanliness standards, in order to successfully pass county health inspection and internal QA audits.
Recruiting allows me to stay in the hospitality industry that I grew my career in, but not have to be in operations.
- Started with Goodwin Recruiting in September 2008.
- Began in the industry as a bartender and progressed into management.
- Director of Restaurants, Omni Hotels; Director of Food & Beverage, Crowne Plaza Hotels; Director of Catering Operations, Sodexho Marriott Services.
- Member of the Escoffier Society, Boston.
- Phil enjoys cooking and all things food and wine. He also enjoys watching his kids play hockey and soccer.