Restaurant Chef de Cuisine
Lahaina, HI 96761 US
Established, successful upscale concept seeks Chef de Cuisine. The ideal candidate has a passion for best-in-class cuisine and exceptional dining experiences, as well as a desire to take great care of your team. If you are passionate, inspiring, ambitious, and thrive on taking care of people, we want to talk to you today!
Chef de Cuisine Responsibilities
- Select, hire, train, and develop culinary staff
- Lead and motivate culinary team with a high degree of professionalism and accountability
- Collaborate with Director of Operations and General Manager on menu development, ingredient sourcing, and setup of kitchen operations areas
- Oversee scheduling and maintain labor costs within budget
- Establish vendor relationships, establish costs for menu items, and maintain inventory levels and food costs within budget
- Maintain restaurant profitability, including minimizing costs and growing sales
- Consistently execute exceptional food quality in terms of flavor, presentation, and speed of service
- Maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen and food storage area in accordance with health department regulations
Chef de Cuisine Qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a CDC, Exec Sous Chef, or Executive Chef in a high-quality restaurant concept
- Ability to work well in a high-volume, pressured environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability
- Proven history of success in managing financials
- Ability to develop positive team culture and a supportive work environment that encourages success
Chef de Cuisine Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance bonus
- Paid vacation
- Relocation assistance available
- Opportunity for advancement
Recruiter Managing this Job
Laurett Jankowski joined Goodwin Recruiting in July 2020.
Laurett connects great talent with leading service-industry brands, including restaurants, hotels, and hospitality support companies. She works with both job seekers and employers as an advocate and consultant. As a Goodwin Recruiting partner, she joins a team of peers nationwide in ENHANCING CLIENTS' BUSINESSES and CHANGING CANDIDATES' LIVES!
For job seekers, Laurett offers career search assistance, coaching, and connection to great opportunities. Throughout this process, she will support you with honesty and integrity and keep your goals and interests top priority.
Laurett offers employers a personalized approach and takes time to truly understand your needs and goals. She will utilize Goodwin's extensive network and a variety of proactive sourcing methods to connect you with the best people for your specific brand. With sixteen years' experience in upscale & high-volume hospitality environments, Laurett understands the challenges that you face and how important it is to enhance your brand with great talent to advance your business objectives.
Laurett has worked for the following concepts: Village Tavern, Del Frisco's Grille, Sullivan's Steakhouse, Perry's Steakhouse, Smith & Wollensky, and Hillstone.
In her free time, Laurett enjoys cooking, reading, and yoga, as well as exploring the beautiful backdrop of Colorado with her husband & two children.