Restaurant Director of Operations
Seattle, WA 98101
Restaurant Director of Operations Summary
Responsible for driving restaurant sales and profits by providing clear direction and leadership to restaurant management that focuses on a guest-centric culture, including consistently delivering excellent guest service and food quality, executing brand standards, and by promoting the Company s vision, mission, and values. Span of control: 3-5 Area Directors, accountable for 25-40 restaurants.
Restaurant Director of Operations Responsibilities
- Oversees execution and ensures adherence with all Company and restaurant systems, procedures, and food safety requirements. Conducts restaurant audits and regularly monitors performance.
- Educates and consults with managers to ensure their understanding of restaurant operational and financial performance, including knowledge of income and expense reports and quality and service reports; ensures reports are reviewed each Period. Thinks strategically and helps managers to identify trends and implement action plans to improve restaurant sales and profit.
- Performs an active role in promoting the restaurant in the local community, including networks with community leaders to establish relationships; participates and represents the Company in community events; keeps informed of local competitor activities.
- Develops relationships with restaurant employees and promotes a work environment of mutual respect; seeks and acts upon employee feedback; addresses employee relations issues and ethics calls; conducts employee investigations and resolves issues. Ensures a restaurant environment that is fun, clean, and safe
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in service and process; acts with customers in mind
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all sources for answers; is excellent at honest analysis
- Deals with direct reports in a timely and consistent manner; doesn't allow problems to fester; provides challenging and stretching assignments to develop
- Above industry standard compensation with bonus potential of over $20,000 annually
- Outstanding health benefits: health insurance, vision, dental, low deductible
- Opportunity for growth, expansion and profit sharing