Restaurant General Manager - Full-Service Dining
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
The right candidate will have experience in a high-volume dining environment with at least two to three years of General Manager experience. Our ideal candidate will have a strong passion for building guest relationships and ability to develop and lead a passionate team of staff. Our next General Manager will have a strong training background and be able to develop those around them.
Restaurant General Manager Requirements:
- Financial, P&L's, and should have a strong financial acumen
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills
- Builds teamwork through proper hiring, training, development, and communication
- The right candidate understands performance criteria and holds themselves and their team accountable through effective coaching and strong follow-through skills
- Understands and executes an action plan to achieve goals
- The drive to win
- Industry-leading health, dental, vision, and life coverage
- 401k retirement plan
- Monthly attainable bonuses
Recruiter Managing this Job
I absolutely love my job because I get to work with people, but even more rewarding, I get to help them. I can significantly improve their lives with the right placement. Happiness and satisfaction are not only contagious but very fulfilling. The other part is working with an organization with tremendous culture. The support and relationships are epic.
- Michael joined Goodwin in March 2019.
- Michael grew up in the restaurant industry. Starting when he was 13 years old, he washed dishes at a local Mom and Pop restaurant. After graduating from college, he went into management. Two days later, Michael had a whirlwind start to his career with Wendy’s and had his own area by 21 years old. After working within the fast-food industry, Michael jumped into casual dining and then fine dining. During the recession, he jumped into quick-casual dining with Cosi, where Michael spent almost 11 years. He opened its first international franchise in Dubai and was responsible for five states. Michael helped with a start-up company and then was Special Projects Manager for a large, local company.
- Michael is a graduate of Schoolcraft College and MSU in Business Administration.
- Michael likes to volunteer at his neighborhood's local school as well as help with his son’s martial arts classes.
- Michael loves to read, play basketball, and do martial arts. He loves to be with his family -- his wife, Erika, and his son, Tye.