Restaurant General Manager
Berkeley, CA 94704
Fast Casual Restaurant General Manager Requirements:
- Tenured Experience: 1 to 2 years' Restaurant General Management experience is ideal and will consider a more green General Manager who is willing to learn
- Background: broad segment experience is preferred - a mix of quick service, fast casual and full service - some corporate experience for systems
- Traits: a strong leader, open to learning, seeking growth, driven, outgoing, professional, high energy
- Skills: strong financial acumen, able to drive business growth, systems, tech, team development
- Commute: East Bay and the City
- Base of $65,000-$68,000, depending on experience, plus aggressive bonus of $15,000 to $18,000 per year, paid monthly - all-in from $70,000 to $80,000 or more
- Base compensation based on a 45-hour work week
- 100% employer paid health insurance
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday pay
- Cell phone allowance
- Dining privileges at sister full-service concepts
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.