Restaurant General Manager
Birmingham, AL 35210
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating efforts between the front as well as back of house operations.
- Interviewing, hiring, and implementing training for new team members.
- Ensuring exceptional customer service while maintaining restaurant standards and product knowledge. Reporting of all customer complaints to District Management with a sense of urgency.
- Maintaining all merchandising standards, display presentations, and signing standards.
- Management of all P&L tasks to include, but not limited to, management of funds and media, receiving shipments, inventory counts and order placing, and payroll.
- Must be willing to attend monthly manager meetings at our home office and communicate all pertinent information to the restaurant staff upon return to your location.
Restaurant General Manager Qualifications:
- Consistent tenure and stable employment history
- At least 3 years of consecutive employment as a General Manager in a full-service restaurant concept
- Experience working with POS systems
- Training and leading by example
- Intermediate computer skills and software knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, Cloud-based software, etc.)
- No more than 2 jobs in the last 5 years
Restaurant General Manager Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus potential based on sales performance and profits - could include an extra $1,600 per month in bonus earnings
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401k to be added to employee benefits package within the year
- 50-hour work week
“I went into nursing to help people. Now, I’m still helping; it’s just in a different way. I am helping further their career, helping put food on the table, and helping open doors that they didn’t think would open. It’s very rewarding when you can see and hear the gratitude someone has for you playing a small part in their life.”
- Shaun joined the Goodwin team in August of 2018.
- He grew up in Lafayette, Louisiana and attended the University of Louisiana, where he obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Having a strong desire to help people, Shaun moved on from a career in nursing and spent 6 years operating and managing a successful staffing franchise with 3 locations in Baton Rouge and Metairie, Louisiana.
- When he’s not working, Shaun enjoys spending time with his family, most notably his younger sister, a 7-year-old who is going on 17.