Restaurant General Manager
Flint, MI 48507
Industry-leading Compensation & Benefits Package for Restaurant General Managers includes the following:
- Competitive salary with a very attainable bonus - up to 15% of base
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after 6 months - 3 weeks after 2 years
- Additional PTO days (illness, maternity/paternity, bereavement)
- Insurance benefits - medical, dental, vision, and prescription
- Uniform allowance (shirts, slacks, Shoes for Crews) and paid dry-cleaning
Restaurant General Manager Requirements:
- 2-3 years of Restaurant General Manager experience with a staff 30 or more
- Sales volume experience of at least $1.5 million annually
- Financial/P&L expertise a must with the ability to identify and correct cost area issues
Recruiting is awesome! It enables me to stay close to the hospitality business (which I love), serving both my guests and clients. I enjoy that wonderful feeling of knowing you have provided excellent, above-and-beyond service.
- Larry Chesner joined Goodwin Recruiting in March of 2017. He grew up in New Jersey as a latch-key kid with two working parents and thus learned to cook at an early age.
- Larry went on to attend Johnson and Wales College in Providence, RI. He earned an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts and a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Food Service Administration.
- Much of Larry’s career was with Interstate Hotels, where he started in F&B, then migrated to rooms operations and General Manager. He helped open several properties during his tenure and worked in Boston, MA; Providence, RI; Corpus Christi, TX; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA and Grand Rapids, MI. This included several brands like Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Wyndham, and independents. Larry also worked for Wyndham Corporation, Lane Hospitality, and National Hospitality Services as an Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Larry has been married for 23 years to Cherie. They have two daughters, Sam (19) and Sarah (15). Larry is a classic foodie; he loves to cook, drink, and learn about food and wine. He enjoys the outdoors, fishing, (crabbing when he gets back to NJ for visits), hiking, and camping. Larry’s favorite nonprofit is “Give Kids the World.”