Restaurant General Manager
Gloucester, MA 01930
Beautiful North shore location is looking for a Restaurant General Manager
- Oversee and lead the daily operations of the Restaurant and Room Service while directing day-to-day activities and assignments of the Food and Beverage team
- Hire, train, evaluate and schedule staff in accordance with the standards of the company and guidelines
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings, communicating information to the team members
- Approve schedules for the restaurant team, ensuring proper coverage based upon volume
- Work seamlessly and in tandem with the team to create memorable experiences for our guests
- Accurately execute all policies with improvement to quality, service, and operations
- Train and develop the team while holding the team accountable for maintaining service
- Must be present on the floor during peak business periods, visiting tables during the customer s visit
- Create an environment of engagement for team members, while being a liaison between team members and management
- Practice and ensure cleanliness and safety in all dining areas, liquor, and wine storage areas
- Coach and counsel team members, monitoring employee performance and issues promptly
- Ensure monthly inventory is conducted and completed according to proper guidelines
- Continually update the Point of Sale system
- Manage payroll
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with maximum efficiency, accuracy, and full attention to detail
- Requires working knowledge of Full-Service restaurant operations
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office and knowledge of Aloha Point of Sale Systems
Recruiting allows me to stay in the hospitality industry that I grew my career in, but not have to be in operations.
- Started with Goodwin Recruiting in September 2008.
- Began in the industry as a bartender and progressed into management.
- Director of Restaurants, Omni Hotels; Director of Food & Beverage, Crowne Plaza Hotels; Director of Catering Operations, Sodexho Marriott Services.
- Member of the Escoffier Society, Boston.
- Phil enjoys cooking and all things food and wine. He also enjoys watching his kids play hockey and soccer.