Restaurant General Manager
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Responsible for the overall operation of the restaurant and event space. Core responsibilities include performance, guest satisfaction, and increased sales and profitability. The General Manager serves as the face of the business in all aspects, including the day-to-day operation and within the communities they do business.
Restaurant General Manager Job Requirements:
- Hiring and Retention of team members by creating a Culture focused its people
- Daily Supervision and Leadership of the entire team, including hourly and salaried team members
- Sales Growth through operational excellence and being a great steward of your community
- Quality of Operations through adherence to company standards and team member accountability
- Strong Business acumen to ensure a highly successful business for the guests and for the company
Restaurant General Manager Job Qualifications:
- 2+ years as a General Manager in an Upscale Casual Dining segment
- Servant Leadership Style and Passion for People
- Solid job history Preference of no more than 2 jobs in 5 years
- Strong business acumen managing a P & L, scheduling, and ordering/inventory
- Enjoys hands-on leadership in a high-end kitchen, restaurant, and event space setting
- Strong Competitive Salary
- Bonus Compensation Plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Recruiting is awesome! It enables me to stay close to the hospitality business (which I love), serving both my guests and clients. I enjoy that wonderful feeling of knowing you have provided excellent, above-and-beyond service.
- Larry Chesner joined Goodwin Recruiting in March of 2017. He grew up in New Jersey as a latch-key kid with two working parents and thus learned to cook at an early age.
- Larry went on to attend Johnson and Wales College in Providence, RI. He earned an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts and a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Food Service Administration.
- Much of Larry’s career was with Interstate Hotels, where he started in F&B, then migrated to rooms operations and General Manager. He helped open several properties during his tenure and worked in Boston, MA; Providence, RI; Corpus Christi, TX; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA and Grand Rapids, MI. This included several brands like Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Wyndham, and independents. Larry also worked for Wyndham Corporation, Lane Hospitality, and National Hospitality Services as an Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Larry has been married for 23 years to Cherie. They have two daughters, Sam (19) and Sarah (15). Larry is a classic foodie; he loves to cook, drink, and learn about food and wine. He enjoys the outdoors, fishing, (crabbing when he gets back to NJ for visits), hiking, and camping. Larry’s favorite nonprofit is “Give Kids the World.”