Restaurant General Manager
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Restaurant General Manager needed for upscale, full service restaurant.
Great opportunity for a Polished, Experienced, Upscale General Manager.
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities
- Inspire and lead a team to high level of guest service
- Coach, train, and develop team members
- Develop and execute business plan and achieving KPIs.
- Ensure company standards are followed.
- Establish and sustain community and industry relationships to build network and loyalty.
Restaurant General Manager Qualifications
- 2 years minimum of previous Restaurant GM experience
- Experience with independent and Corporate Restaurants a plus.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge in wines, bar, made from scratch food environment, and upscale dining.
Restaurant General Manager Benefits
- Salary range of $70,000 to $80,000
- Generous health insurance
- Good quality of work-life balance offered.
Recruiting is awesome! It enables me to stay close to the hospitality business (which I love), serving both my guests and clients. I enjoy that wonderful feeling of knowing you have provided excellent, above-and-beyond service.
- Larry Chesner joined Goodwin Recruiting in March of 2017. He grew up in New Jersey as a latch-key kid with two working parents and thus learned to cook at an early age.
- Larry went on to attend Johnson and Wales College in Providence, RI. He earned an Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts and a Bachelor’s degree of Science in Food Service Administration.
- Much of Larry’s career was with Interstate Hotels, where he started in F&B, then migrated to rooms operations and General Manager. He helped open several properties during his tenure and worked in Boston, MA; Providence, RI; Corpus Christi, TX; Cincinnati, OH; Philadelphia, PA and Grand Rapids, MI. This included several brands like Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Wyndham, and independents. Larry also worked for Wyndham Corporation, Lane Hospitality, and National Hospitality Services as an Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Larry has been married for 23 years to Cherie. They have two daughters, Sam (19) and Sarah (15). Larry is a classic foodie; he loves to cook, drink, and learn about food and wine. He enjoys the outdoors, fishing, (crabbing when he gets back to NJ for visits), hiking, and camping. Larry’s favorite nonprofit is “Give Kids the World.”