Restaurant General Manager
Minneapolis, MN 55408
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
PRIMARY FUNCTION of the Restaurant General Manager:
- To control and monitor operations in the dining room and bar daily.
- To ensure a positive experience for our guests through maximizing opportunities for personal engagement with our guests and effective training and managing our staff.
- To assume a leadership role and convey our standard for quality service through attitude and example.
- To control costs through effective scheduling, daily monitoring of labor, and limiting waste.
- Support Sales growth initiatives through events and activity on social media and neighborhood hospitality.
- Oversees Executive Chef, FOH Manager, and Sous Chef
TASKS of the Restaurant General Manager:
- Work regularly scheduled "on-floor" shifts to oversee daily operations, ensure that all FOH staff is working according to standards, and a rapport is established with our guest base.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise, coach, counsel, and discipline as required of all FOH staff.
- Bi-weekly Bar Inventory completed and all purchases submitted for approval.
- Invoices and purchases approved, tracked, monitored, and submitted by deadlines.
- Approve FOH/BOH weekly schedules and post in a timely manner.
- Schedule set agenda and facilitate monthly FOH training meetings in conjunction with other managers.
- Drive Beverage program, follow up on recipes maintaining seasonality and cost.
- Monitor staff performance, follow up through 1-on-1's, pre-, and post-shift meetings.
- Administer product and service knowledge quizzes on a regular basis.
- Complete FOH staff reviews at end of training, at 90 days, and annually at the anniversary of hire date.
- Meet regularly with Director of Operations.
- Communicate policy and other pertinent information to FOH staff effectively.
- Ensure positive staff morale and attitudes toward co-workers and customers.
- Ensure the first reports of injury are filled out promptly.
- Manage FOH shift and weekly side work duties to maintain standards for cleanliness and preparedness.
- Monitor contracted cleaning services for effectiveness.
- Recommend and update Base Camp on necessary R&M needs in a timely manner.
- Monitor and control POS programming to be current and correct.
- Monitor printed menus for accuracy.
- Follow up with FOH staff regarding any cash handling issues.
- Complete daily cash tracker and email to accounting and DO.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and complete bi-weekly priority reports sent to DO.
- Deliver all incoming mail to appropriate recipients.
- Completing assigned tasks on schedule.
- Create and post on multiple social media platforms for both Barbette and Trapeze.
- Respond and interact with visitors to all social media platforms.
- Monitor online reviews.
- Review DSRs and documents placed in Jelly weekly for accuracy.
- Completed Nightly Recap to DO.
The position requires:
- A commitment to achieving expectations within the time frame of 45-50 hours per week.
- Prepared attendance at weekly individual and team management meetings.
- Hiring and overseeing training of new hires.
- Completion of administrative duties covered above.
- Manage purchases costs and complete logs to be submitted to accounting.
- Completion of Inventory reporting and priority sheet.
- Management goals:
- Retention of all new hires through the 90-day probationary period followed by successful performance reviews.
- Product knowledge on menu items and specials.
- Successful completion of assigned tasks from DO by deadlines.
- 100% guest interaction and satisfaction during scheduled dining room shifts.