Restaurant General Manager
Monterey Park, CA 91754
We will offer a unique, upscale dining experience and are looking for a Restaurant General Manager who can pull it all together and create amazing guest experiences. We have a large a la carte dining room, adjacent view patio, bar, and indoor and outdoor event spaces.
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Has responsibility for managing a large venue with a la carte dining room and multiple indoor and outdoor event spaces, including quality, customer service, cost controls, and staffing
- The General Manager reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for the Restaurant Floor Managers and their teams
- At least 5 years' experience as the leader of a highly-rated, upscale, high-volume restaurant
- Volume experience of at least $6M and banquet management experience of at least $4M
- Steakhouse experience is a plus - banquet experience is required
- Well-connected in the LA area to attract talent and aid in marketing
- P&L management over all controllable
- Exceptional ability to develop your team
- Good with technology for inventory, ordering, scheduling, menu development, and general communication
- All-in compensation in the $75,000 to $85,000 range plus annual bonus
- Excellent benefits
Senior Recruiter & Coach
I love recruiting because I get to help others achieve their goals, and I find that very rewarding.
- Jim Newcomb joined Goodwin Recruiting in 2013.
- Jim is a second-generation Southern California native. His family are horse people and chose a path that lead to hospitality.
- Jim studied Architecture and Communications.
- Jim owned an inn and vacation rental business and art gallery. He ran all three from the gallery in a small mountain town in Southern California.
- Jim is very active with Non-profit Arts Organizations.
- In his free time, Jim enjoys working on new projects and being creative – usually work-related. He has published an e-book called, “Ending the Job Search” that he shares with both candidates and as a LinkedIn Advisor. It’s a compilation of tips and advice from a recruiter’s perspective.
- In his private life, Jim’s spouse and four dogs keep him very active. The dogs eat a raw diet that they prepare themselves. They go on extensive hikes every day and enjoy traveling.