Restaurant General Manager
Newark, NJ 07114
The Team Lead is the management leader in our units - this position is responsible for all day-to-day restaurant operations for multiple concepts and crew-member performance. This may include Front-of-the-House/Back-of-the-House staffing, development and training, food quality and presentation, guest services, and the maintenance of all policies and procedures in the restaurants. The Team Lead is accountable for business results in support of operational goals and for assisting managers and crew members in implementing changes and results.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Promotes an attitude of pride, cooperation, and success in the unit
- Directly in charge of the ordering process in the unit
- Directly oversees all cost and sales projections weekly
- Directly responsible for the overall unit budgets
- Directly in charge of unit-scheduling managers as well as Crew Members
- Provides leadership to the Managers and Crew Members in the unit
- Establishes high standards for food quality and customer service
- Directs the Managers and hourly staff to achieve company standards
- Plans staffing needs for the unit
- Administration and follow-up on management and Crew Member training
- Assigns and defines areas of responsibility for the managers, establishing and setting deadlines for the completion of assignments
- Directs the team toward achieving the unit's financial goals
- Maintains a positive work environment for both the management team and staff
- Provides a workplace free from hazards, following all safety policies set forth by the company, and conforming to any laws and regulations related to the workplace
- Minimum of three to five years of senior managerial experience in multi-unit concepts
- Proficient knowledge of P&L, budgeting, and forecasting
- Strong culinary background and fine-dining experience is a plus
- Commitment to service of customers, crew, co-workers, and management
- Demonstrated dependability, personal drive, and leadership - ability to lead by example, high level of integrity, reliability, work ethic, passion, and commitment to company values
- Ability to train, delegate, coach, and develop crew members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, days, and shifts, including holidays
Recruiter Managing this Job
I love guiding people to find that next amazing career opportunity.
- Gene Judge joined Goodwin Recruiting in June 2019.
- Gene was born and raised in Philadelphia, has lived in New York and Hawaii, and is now living in King of Prussia, PA.
- He has spent most of his 20-plus years as a Director of Operations, changing the dining experience for airline travelers around the country.
- In his free time, Gene loves spending time with his wife and two beautiful children. He is also involved in the Ronald McDonald House Charities. And yes, Gene is an Eagles Fan!!!